ECHO Echo, Echo, Echo

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Word is, those 1201's sneak across the border from Mexico fairly often. I have seen them on the USA Fleabay site before, for still less than the equivalent Husky or Stihl.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
9:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have three. Two #23 and a 15.

4b2501f21d4697bb227e8dead007f502.jpg

Made by Remington. I pass the 17, 18 and 19 off to my dairy farmer friend east of town.

I spoke too him at the weekend and he defiantely wants a green and yellow
Saw doesn’t have too be a shelf queen just a runner and quite tidy

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Word is, those 1201's sneak across the border from Mexico fairly often. I have seen them on the USA Fleabay site before, for still less than the equivalent Husky or Stihl.
This one came from Malaysia. The fellow (Robin Wood) procured the saw for me. He disassembled it somewhat , wrapped all the pieces separately and put them back in the box. Put the Echo box inside another and shipped it. Shipping from there to here was 11 days. But, that was after a two week “hold” and the decision to detain the saw as dangerous goods. It was returned to Robin and he put fresh shipping labels for ground transportation (sea) and sent it again. By sea, it should have taken from 6-8 weeks to arrive. But it got here in 11 days??? Robin thinks someone threw it on an airplane at the last moment for some unknown reason. Anyway, I’m still waiting for the bar but all things considered I’m a happy guy. Apparently, shipping chainsaws is a problem for some countries. I had a similar problem with a beautiful Husqvarna 346XP I bought from a fellow in the UK. That saw is sitting in a bin awaiting its destruction. Both the seller and I got our money back, he had to fight for his though.
Robin has been shipping them as machine parts successfully until recently when his saw count jumped from one every other day to 2-3 every day. They started bouncing them as dangerous goods which cannot go on an airplane, can go by sea just takes a loooong time.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems to me like he could just break it down into like 4 or 5 pieces, each shipped separately. Then it would truthfully be just machinery parts and no one would likely raise an eyebrow. From what I can tell, Echo USA will sell you parts for this saw. I found the IPL on their site and several online places that sold parts.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found some parts, but not all including some major parts, so unless I was mistaken, you couldn't build one from parts only.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do I get more fuel flow out of the high speed on a modern Echo carb? Where do I have to drill, and with what drills?

Hoggwood

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It will be interesting to see how many (bigger) offerings they will throw onto the table in comparison to the glory days of the 1970's. The had solid saws in virtually every weight class.

Had the 750 out today in some very modest firewood. 40 years old this fall and still pulls like a locomotive. I'd sure like to see what (if) they could come up with if they stuffed 80-85cc's into a modern design.

Echo CS-750EVL Sept 2019 (3).JPG

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would certainly hope so in that sized wood. The objective for me is to spend more time in the forest, not less. No rush.
If you wanna spend more time in woods get yourself a mac 1-41. Got to be the slowest 80cc saw goin lol.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m still waiting to hear on the 70cc they’ve been testing. Paul Bunyan Festival is in 2 weeks, maybe I can find out something there.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool saw, but I think a ported 490 would easily beat it.
The 490 didn’t impress me even after muff mod and retune, just wasn’t happy with it. Converted it to 3/8 lp and it became a different saw. Very happy with it now.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A muffler mod only gives you half of what a 490 still has left to offer. I would like to try 3/8 though.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
70+cc saws from Husky and Stihl are so frenching expensive, and Dolmak is almost out of the game in that size. Echo probably sees an opening in the market for quality larger saws, especially for those who may not use them every day but do have a need for the larger ones. Basically, apply the same formula that has made the CS-590 so popular. I'm interested to see if their new designs will be strato or otherwise able to do away with cat mufflers.