kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well one thing I’ve seen is my friends who are the “expert” tree cutters. The first give away is when they are cutting a standing tree, they are crooked as F. Second give away is when they are cutting they literally do a sawing motion with the saw lol I guess it cuts faster this way with that dull chain?

My personal favourite is gathering firewood, and all the stumps you come across from people who have taken down trees before. I swear, there is not ONE safely cut stump…. Next time I’ll take some pics

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I've been making fun of my wife and chainsaws. She has a little Echo limbing saw that she likes to use to cut thicker brush with around her flowers. What a waste of time to even start it for her. I may as well do it my self as I have to watch everything she does so she doesn't cut off any spare legs.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I've been making fun of my wife and chainsaws. She has a little Echo limbing saw that she likes to use to cut thicker brush with around her flowers. What a waste of time to even start it for her. I may as well do it my self as I have to watch everything she does so she doesn't cut off any spare legs.

My wife is a wonderful lady but I can count on one hand how many times a year she does any kind of outdoor work so count yourself fortunate. Now, she does most of the inside work and makes twice what I do in her career job so I ain't complaining!

Can9

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A few years back we had a bad storm blow through our hunting camp. Several of us w/ saws and tractors went to clean up. One of the members that hadn't previously done much cutting showed up with a brand new Stihl 661, 32" bar he had purchased on the way up. After showing everyone the saw and getting the multiple "be careful with that thing" comments we all split off to work our areas. Bob fired up his new saw, revved it wide open and proceeded to swing it like an axe at a blown down tree. The saw bounced off the tree and cut him on the top of the thigh, bad, but not a serious threat to life or limb.

He was bleeding profusely, obviously needed stitches. We're administering first aid real quick and loading him into a truck to take him to the emergency room - somebody says "Bob, here's your phone (it had dropped out of his pocket), call your wife"

"No, I'm not calling my wife, nobody else call her either, I don't want her finding out about this"

"Bob, there's no way you can keep her from finding out about this - why don't you want to tell her"

"The last thing she said to me when I was leaving the house this morning was 'Don't buy that chainsaw, you don't know how to use one'"

Tried to get him to sell me that saw after but he refused to sell it to any of us because it was "too dangerous". Eventually bought myself a new MS462 and ended up here...

MAF143

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
More dumb things I do with saws. Honestly, I do things like this so much I don't even worry about it anymore.

View attachment 321063

LOL. I didn't even notice the saw at first. I was looking at the Honey Locust thinking I'm not the only one cutting that stuff up. Seriously though, I cut a bunch of it and dealing with the thorns is old hat now. I keep extra inner tubes handy...

BTW, nice tractor in your avatar...

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks bro. It's actually dad's but we share a farm so it's mine to use. I actually wiggled the saw out of that pinch, then proceeded to get it stuck even worse. Of course, I know to cut the smaller branches off the top first to reduce the weight on the trunk and prevent chit like this. But I was just itchin' to bury the bar in the trunk and hear that 5105 sing, so I got pinched for real this time. I took the powerhead off and headed home, will take another saw and some wedges to rescue it after Christmas.