Dumb things your friends do with saws

Chainsaw Addict

GO HOOSIERS
Local time
4:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn't be sitting in the right seat of the airplane if the guy who owns the MS250 is sitting in the left seat.
I have an MS 250 which is the only saw I will loan out. Trufuel, bar oil, and and extra chain. It will cut most needed and if it gets grenaded I'm not out much.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The guy in the left seat is usually the pilot, and ultimately responsible. Unless it's like a teaching situation where the instructor, right seat, is barking out orders and the guy in the left seat has to comply.

PS - Your avatar says you're from Steeltown ( unless I'm reading incorrectly ). Are you from Pittsburgh?

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Speaking of dumb things people do with saws, some guy on another forum put up a funny photo of himself holding a saw with the bar between his thighs, and pretending he was starting it. It was in response to somebody else asking how to start a saw. My regrets are that I cant remeber where the pic was, but it was one of the funniest threads I read.

Wilhelm

I'm here for the sick'n twisted company
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
10:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tell him to just buy skip chain then...
Skip chain is the same price as full comp, no savings to be made sharpening only half the teeth as it's already missing half of them.

Besides, skip tooth chain is extremely uncommon here, I have never seen it at the Husqvarna nor Stihl dealers.
There is no call for it, I am probably the only one running a bar over 20" in my surroundings.

jetsam

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Skip chain is the same price as full comp, no savings to be made sharpening only half the teeth as it's already missing half of them.

Besides, skip tooth chain is extremely uncommon here, I have never seen it at the Husqvarna nor Stihl dealers.
There is no call for it, I am probably the only one running a bar over 20" in my surroundings.

Just grind off all the teeth, and it'll last forever!

This must be the secret that the guy who was using his saw for a trencher hit upon!

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The guy in the left seat is usually the pilot, and ultimately responsible. Unless it's like a teaching situation where the instructor, right seat, is barking out orders and the guy in the left seat has to comply.

PS - Your avatar says you're from Steeltown ( unless I'm reading incorrectly ). Are you from Pittsburgh?

I know that, my uncle was a pilot. That's not what I asked you.

I know some very good cutters/arborists that use 250's as ground saws. They cut well for what they are and as people have said it's not as deep of a knife to the gut when one gets smashed.

I am.

Last edited:

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Speaking of dumb things people do with saws, some guy on another forum put up a funny photo of himself holding a saw with the bar between his thighs, and pretending he was starting it. It was in response to somebody else asking how to start a saw. My regrets are that I cant remeber where the pic was, but it was one of the funniest threads I read.

I have it, it's used as a meme and clearly a staged photo.

Last edited:

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have a friend and a brother who's dumbest thing they both do with a saw is own one. If you ruin your vehicle engine from A, not checking your oil or B, never changing it, you shouldn't own anything with a motor. Both have done this. Also, both drive rolling trash cans. Seriously. There are garbage recepticals everywhere plus at home. Why you swimming in fast food trash in yer ride?

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have a friend and a brother who's dumbest thing they both do with a saw is own one. If you ruin your vehicle engine from A, not checking your oil or B, never changing it, you shouldn't own anything with a motor. Both have done this. Also, both drive rolling trash cans. Seriously. There are garbage recepticals everywhere plus at home. Why you swimming in fast food trash in yer ride?

I worked with a kid one time that needed a summer job..he was a college boy with an engineering degree and ended up getting a job with betis, that dude was absolutely clueless about working with his hands..he looked like a fukked duck trying to do anything labor related..it just wasn't his thing, it wasn't in his DNA. you could see it from a mile away.

He could do math problems I can't even fathom and design things in a way I don't even understand..

Am I stupid..

Or is it him..

Age old question.

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A neighbor's wife bought him a small gas saw for Christmas. He pulled out of the box and immediately gave himself a six stitcher in the hand. He said he didn't know the chain was sharp. The wife returned the saw to the store.

The same guy that held his generator wide open by defeating the governor for two minutes to clean it out so it would run better. It broke the con rod.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

My wife's car and van are like this. Sometimes the garbage is piled up to the windowsills. I have seen her get a full Rumpke curbside can of trash out of it. I take care of the mechanical stuff so they will keep running. If she wants to drive around in a sea of trash thats her deal. My vehicles arent clean by any means but I can't stand leaving trash in them.