Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I guess I'm here for a few shoulders and some insight.
At this moment, my mom is in the process of passing. Acute liver, and kidney failure..and she will not take a blood transfusion.
Since moving out at 17, I have never been very close to my mom. Talked to her every few months, get together on some holidays, would stop by while in town.
Looking back, I wish I would have been there for her more. She has lived a very rough life...health problems have always plagued her. I would usually find out second hand, when she was in the hospital, or she would call when she was out. I got a call yesterday...and this will be the last call I receive about my mom.

Do me a favor...out of the blue, let your parents, children, grandparents, brothers, sisters...etc, know that you love them. You may not have the chance tomorrow.

KenJax Tree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
8:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Frank. Fortunately i'm close with all my family

Blazin

Big Wood
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Been there with both my parents friend, my Dad in '92 and Mom in '11, I was very close to both. The best advice I can give is just to be there for them at this time, it will ease them and in the long run it will put your mind at ease with their passing. Hang in there Brother, I know what a tough time it can be.

Motorhead

Cantre Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I guess I'm here for a few shoulders and some insight.
At this moment, my mom is in the process of passing. Acute liver, and kidney failure..and she will not take a blood transfusion.
Since moving out at 17, I have never been very close to my mom. Talked to her every few months, get together on some holidays, would stop by while in town.
Looking back, I wish I would have been there for her more. She has lived a very rough life...health problems have always plagued her. I would usually find out second hand, when she was in the hospital, or she would call when she was out. I got a call yesterday...and this will be the last call I receive about my mom.

Do me a favor...out of the blue, let your parents, children, grandparents, brothers, sisters...etc, know that you love them. You may not have the chance tomorrow.
Sorry for your loss

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. I'll keep ya in my prayers.
I've always been close with my family, not all of them are blood.

My Dad told me when I was young and we were not getting along the best.
"To never go to bed mad at someone because you never know".

Take care

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Frank bierce i feel your pain. My condolences buddy. I'm sure she will be missed.

Just today we layed my grandmother to rest. She was 97. She passed last Friday after complications from surgery for an ubstucked bowl. Years ago we were a very close family. the last 10yrs or so we have all kinda lost touch. I got married, had 2 kids etc. my brothers have families of their own now too. life got really busy. All I keep thinking about now is all the questions I have that only she would of been able to answer. My grandmother was the matriarch of the family, the historian, and the one constant thing that never seemed to change. Even if she wasn't there you knew she listening and watching. She will be greatly missed. she was truly an amazing and strong women.

Again Frank, I feel what your going through. I have a good idea of the pain you feel. I send my condolences.

Life gets busy at times. We all have responsibilities. But like Frank said make sure you remember to make time for family. Call your grandma and have a chat, go for coffee some random afternoon with mom, go cut wood with your old man. It doesn't matter what you do. Family is the one thing in life that can never be replaced.

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So sorry to hear it, glad you are able to offer your wise advice even when you're down. Prayers for you, mom, and family.

burkesw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry for your loss Frank, loosing a parent is beyond words. My dad passed when I was 19 very unexpectedly and it was devastating. We had a good/close relationship but even with that you find yourself asking "what if" scenarios. It's best to not go down that road, no good can come of it. Think of the good times and remember them at their best because that is who they truly are.

I've had friends go through similar losses and feel remorse for not being on better terms. But now that I have young kids, I really believe that there is nothing they could do to me that would make me love them less, sure hurtful things can be said, we all have our moments. But unconditional love is something I did not know until I had kids of my own.

Hang in there, it will get better but just focus on the good memories. Sending prayers your way.

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
As a friend of mine told me when one of his parents passed about 20 years ago, "Enjoy them while they are here". I still remember that to this day. I lost my dad 14 years ago, it's rough. My prayers are with you.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll be Pullin for you and yours Frank take care.

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
6:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss frank. I know the feeling buddy. I lost my dad a little over 5 years ago from a heart attack. He was only 52 and we didn't have the greatest relationship and had went many years without even talking but we had started to talk and get along about a year prior to him passing. And I am really thankful for that. It took me years to get past the whole deal but if it weren't for me having awesome friends I don't know how I would have got through it. Hang in there friend

Dave70

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it sir.

Brian Simonseth

CANCER AND STROKES SUCKS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry Frank; I'll be thinking of you and your Family

If you don't know my plot I'll put it in a nut shell; about 18 months ago something was wrong with me I was cutting hemlock and fell between a couple trees and landed on my left side were my spleen is/was and was in some kind of pain then the day before Christmas I passed out and rushed to the hospital and was told Christmas day I was 10 quarts low of blood and full of Cancer (#CANCERSUCKS) they pump 10 quarts in me and in five days I had 7 surgeries one being 9 1/2 hours then three months later they gave me 3 to 6 months to live and I'm still here so never give up ! my motto is "We Got This" I spent 64 day's in the hospital in 2015 and had 12 surgeries so just remember never give up !

I have story that will make you pucker !

Last edited:

Deererainman

Firewood Hack
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Prayers and condolences to you and your family Frank. I try to never take things for granted, stories like these are a stark reminder to enjoy every day with family and friends.

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very sorry to hear this Frank, I was in the same boat. My mom passed
Sep 15 2013 and we weren't close. She lived about three miles away but
she was a terrible grand mother to my twin girls and we never really saw
eye to eye. My dad i lost just before new years this year. we went our own
ways 4 years ago. He was just a miserable man. My brother and i no matter
what we did it just was never good enough. I look around me and see other
families that are full of joy and can only wish i had that while growing up.