Dam neighbors

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys from the southern states just don't get it, we only get grass(mixed heavily with clover as the OP's :p) that's green for a couple months out of the yr so it's kinda a big deal:risas3:.
Hah hah nope I have Texas weeds no grass it turns brown with the heat but as soon a a DRIP of water hits its stinking green and two feet tall. Now those folks w grass around here I would hate to pay their water bills! Suckers!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hah hah nope I have Texas weeds no grass it turns brown with the heat but as soon a a DRIP of water hits its stinking green and two feet tall. Now those folks w grass around here I would hate to pay their water bills! Suckers!
Ours has been growing like mad here this year, no watering needed. I planted 35 Norwegian Spruce a few weeks ago, watered them in and haven't hit them with water since. The last time I planted them I watered them for a couple weeks daily and then we left town and the temps went right to the 90s, that's why I had to get new ones :confused:.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys from the southern states just don't get it, we only get grass(mixed heavily with clover as the OP's :p) that's green for a couple months out of the yr so it's kinda a big deal:risas3:.

Grass is for cows. Mowing a yard for "pleasure" is just insane to me. I try to keep it killed off around the house but the damn stuff won't stay dead.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Erosion is a big problem in Florida.If you don’t have grass the rain wash’s away the dirt.

Mud and dust would be another problem

Gravel the whole place maybe? Anything's better than mowing grass.

Of course.....my outlook is horribly bias. I cut about 40 acres for hay twice a year.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gravel the whole place maybe? Anything's better than mowing grass.

Of course.....my outlook is horribly bias. I cut about 40 acres for hay twice a year.
I'd pave my place except the woods.
You can have the cows and that green grass on that side of the fence lol.
I always tell folks theres a reason the grass is greener on that side of the fence.
I pity those up here who put fertilizer on their yards :eek:. With all the rain we've had it's been enough work keeping up without.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd pave my place except the woods.
You can have the cows and that green grass on that side of the fence lol.
I always tell folks theres a reason the grass is greener on that side of the fence.
I pity those up here who put fertilizer on their yards :eek:. With all the rain we've had it's been enough work keeping up without.

My friend Rudy put 100lbs of fertilizer on his 1/4 acre lot. Yeah.....he's been mowing every three days.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like they need a sprinkle of roundup in their grass, just a spot here and there when it gets dry. If they have kids, fill water balloons up with roundup and throw them it their yard, balloon will bust and walla, dead spots. Kids will of course get blamed for the busted ballons in the grass.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
LOL! I just did this to a guy down the road. He is an ass and blows his entire yard one direction and into the road. I hit all the grass on a wet day and went for a ride. The county SO won’t do anything so F$@! It! We had a blast! Next time it will be the skid sprayer that spray 100’!

S Sidwell

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now that's really hosing it down.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My friend Rudy put 100lbs of fertilizer on his 1/4 acre lot. Yeah.....he's been mowing every three days.
On a normal yr I'd think that would burn it, that isn't much property.
I only took on 1 mow job this year, funny how that worked out :aaaaa:.
My friends who can't keep up with their yards have been grateful for it:beer-toast1:.