PAST CT GTG 2016 May 7th

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a blast at the GTG today, wish I could have stayed longer, but glad I made it. We were cutting between rain showers for a while, but it all worked out.

Great people, great food, great saws, a great dyno ... what else could we ask for ... OK, but the weather was not that bad!

Looks like my poor 362 got it's butt handed to it by those 262s, but it was all good fun. Would like to see what they do on the dyno, cause my 362 was not running bad! Al should have ran his 360 in that shoot out, that little saw is a beast!

The 066s and 661s all ran very strong, but I'm glad I don't have to start them things every time I got to cut wood!

Also ran a 288 and 285, and they cut very well and were more civilized to start! I'm sure some videos will be posted later.

Was able to have all 7 of my saws dynoed, and there were no disappointments. I'm looking forward to getting the results from Eric. Even my 2 unported saws did very well, those at home mods really helped the 044 and 440. And they previously dynoed a stock 460 that came out right at the advertised 6 Hp, so the dyno seems to be right on the money.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Couple quick things from today...

The dyno works. ...well. the kinks are not ironed out but it definitely works well enough to give data that is easily interpreted.

Ran the 350 challenge on the dyno. More on this later. But saw 4 and 5 are nearly identical... oem NE 346xp cylinder vs hyway. ...and out of my bunch they are best. However. Brad Snelling sent his version with popup and it was indeed faster than even my best. Very nice powerband. ...not surprising due to the increase compression on his saw and more open muffler. Of interest...saw 4 has no spark screen and 5 has one.

The stock 350 is quite slow with a stock muffler. Just a muffler mod proves to really wake up the stock 45mm saw.

Jmsaws builds a killer 064.....devastating....and loud.

Paragon builder has a sweet place for a gtg. Thank you!!! The prep here is obvious and extensive....Lotta work went into today.

To mels and cindy...thank you for food!!!! Made this day much smoother.

We had a bit of a light crowd today...but very interactive....a great day to learn and be taught.

Thank you than you thank you all....what a great day.

Boozer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Jason I ran your saw and it damn near sucked me through the log! It's an animal. (25" bar)
Kevin unfortunatly I didn't get a shot at your 661 but watched it annihilate big wood with a 36" bar.
Deets saw won't be there until Monday and I may just drive the 90min to make a few cuts.

Thanks guys!

The dyno is super cool and was giving good data which Eric will surely post later.
You can see the numbers under load. Bill did an incredible job with it.

Dan & Al did an outstanding build on that 262xp, if a real saw handler was working it you'd see, I just
try not to saw off any body parts! Strongest 60cc I've ever run.

Thanks again to Dan for hosting and Mel for keeping us fed!

Hope to keep meeting more and more fellow chainsaw enthusiasts at future gtg's!

Marcello