PAST CT GTG 2016 May 7th

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That chain was set for a bigger saw, if your 024 pulls it well, it would only be because of the work you did to it. It made my stock 038 Magnum cry

You're going above and beyond trying to bring those saws back for my kids Al, I can't thank you enough, so I'll be sure to take a little extra time on that 404 chain. Thank you Sir !

We need lots of pictures and videos from everyone !!
Wish you were coming Kevin. It would be nice to meet you.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wish you were coming Kevin. It would be nice to meet you.
I wish I could have been able to get there too ! I am looking forward to meeting everyone one day. I hope you get a chance to cut some wood with my saws, Mike Lee did the no decomp 066 , and it's no slouch !
Feel free to swap bars and chains between both saws, or swap rims and run whatever 375 you feel like. I topped off both saws and gave Doc an extra gallon of VP mix.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wish I could have been able to get there too ! I am looking forward to meeting everyone one day. I hope you get a chance to cut some wood with my saws, Mike Lee did the no decomp 066 , and it's no slouch !
Feel free to swap bars and chains between both saws, or swap rims and run whatever 375 you feel like. I topped off both saws and gave Doc an extra gallon of VP mix.
I'm afraid of saws... They are dangerous tools that require skill to operate safely.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Al, what time are your leaving??? You have got to run your saw!
Mike, please make it a priority to run my 066, then my 661. I want to know what you think of each, hopefully you'll run each with the 25 & the 36 ......... I wish I could have gotten to run your Doc 046 !

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dan I'm heading your way. I can do some sharpening while waiting for Bill and the others.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm near to having my chit together, loading up, still not sure what all saws will end up going, mostly the usual suspects.
It's sunny here and looking good, pretty weird weather pattern hovering to the south though, I can't get a handle on where it's heading.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a higher chance now that I arrive tonight. My little guy got sick, so I ended up coming home early. As soon as I can get kiddo coverage by the wife I will get the car packed and get on the road I think. Gonna bring pillows and blankees and sleep in the car. :)

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey... Whats with this rain Chit? No rain in MA... Had to come to CT to get rain... Getting coffee and getting close.

Mattyo you are a die hard! You gonna owe the wife!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rain here in NY, on & off. Did not realize so many were getting there today, or I may have made different plans. Hope everyone will still be there tomorrow morning, and that the rain stops.

Anyone staying in a tent, be sure to trench around it, and if you have a tarp to put over the tent, that always helps also. It has been a long time, but I have played that game. In fact, I had my upstate property for years before I could afford to put a cabin on it. Our big luxuries were a tent platform & an outhouse.

Not much scarier than trying to go to sleep in a tent in the middle of the woods with hurricane force winds, trees cracking & breaking all over the place, and freezing cold temperatures. I was pleasantly surprised to see morning.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mr. Moparmyway - Kevin,

Can I get your permission to run those above mentioned saws, the 066 & 661?
Have never run either of those before. Don't be afraid to say no, I'm aware they're valuable.
You Sir can run them as much as there is my fuel mix to run. Doc has about 1.25 gallons of my mixxed VP fuel plus I topped off the tanks. His car must smell great by now

I would encourage everyone there to have at them, if you can start them, you can run them. Doc is bringing them to be run, in wood, on the dyno, piss revving, and just plain old gawking. Please keep the drool off to the side when youre running them though.

The 066 starts like a normal saw, if you can pull her over. 220# in that one

The 661 is a little special.
Full choke till she pops, then squeeze the throttle for WOT to release the choke, then release the throttle and pull her over. You may need a few tries when cold in the run position, as there is no fast idle setting. Was 180# last time I checked

When warm, both saws start normal in the run position.

The 066 shuts off normally, but on the 661, you need to hold the lever up for shutdown.

The linkage is different for a regular carb version, but I just adapt my start procedures to work

HAVE AT THEM !!!!

Last edited:

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You Sir can run them as much as there is my fuel mix to run. Doc has about 1.25 gallons of my mixxed VP fuel plus I topped off the tanks. His car must smell great by now

I would encourage everyone there to have at them, if you can start them, you can run them. Doc is bringing them to be run, in wood, on the dyno, piss revving, and just plain old gawking. Please keep the drool off to the side when youre running them though.

The 066 starts like a normal saw, if you can pull her over. 220# in that one

The 661 is a little special.
Full choke till she pops, then squeeze the throttle for WOT to release the choke, then release the throttle and pull her over. You may need a few tries when cold in the run position, as there is no fast idle setting. Was 180# last time I checked

When warm, both saws start normal in the run position.

The 066 shuts off normally, but on the 661, you need to hold the lever up for shutdown.

The linkage is different for a regular carb version, but I just adapt my start procedures to work

HAVE AT THEM !!!!

I assume these are both bone stock, correct :)

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The rain never quit here today, I was hoping for a little reprieve, but no go! So I packed em the way they are, we are ready to go in the morning.

Al's earlier post implied he was leaving early, does anyone know his schedule?

Looking forward to tomorrow, but I hope the rain lets up.

Attachments

• Saws5-6-16 027.jpg
    Saws5-6-16 027.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 16

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm packed,

@Boozer I have your bar and chain for your 262xp...

@Derf have some bars that you might want.....

I have some 372xp smalls with me .....bring cash folks!

also have 350 parts as well, mostly smalls in case anyone needs anything

have a few other goodies for sale as well.