Clipping heels on a USG Grinder..

Michpatriot

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey All, I'm wondering how those who clip the heels on their cutters do it? I'm thinking of using the depth gauge wheel installed backwards, chain on the machine backwards, and indexing on the front of the cutter link with the stop..or how do you all do it? Also after clipping the heels will the indexing from then on be a pain because the index stop contacts the cutter so much lower effectively having less control of having the cutter lift during subsequent sharpening...

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey All, I'm wondering how those who clip the heels on their cutters do it? I'm thinking of using the depth gauge wheel installed backwards, chain on the machine backwards, and indexing on the front of the cutter link with the stop..or how do you all do it? Also after clipping the heels will the indexing from then on be a pain because the index stop contacts the cutter so much lower effectively having less control of having the cutter lift during subsequent sharpening...
I think after all that your going to square file it anyway so no worries on the machine.

species8472

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats how i do mine. Dress wheel to the angle you need. I only do top part of cutter os bottom is still all the same for sharpening in future.