AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
9:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 216731 View attachment 216732 This was after the first day.
91 octane non-ethanol
Red Armor 40:1
Air filter working well.

I was looking back through my pics to see if I had any to cross reference, but nothing showing the inside of the muffler after some run time.

I do recall when it was brand new, oil was literally dripping out around the front muffler plate at times. I think run time is your friend.

Last edited:

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you got access to Avgas 1st thing I try now days with a saw not running as it should with the crap pump gas they try to pass off as fuel here. It's night and day how they run I put it down to Avgas is still real fuel. But if your other saw's run fine on the same fuel I can't see it being fuel but I'd still try Avgas myself as a test.

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Evansaw have any ideas on a reset?

hi buddy sorry took me long to answer.

I m afraid that software is one way ticket to recalibrate the saw.
The saw will not reset itself even running for hours so don't believe anything like that.
It does take up to 20tanks to wake up though on most new Stihls.

By the way you got ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM giving your serial number to Stihl system. No dealership problems either.
The company just confirm that saws are not wordwide shipped violatiing company policy for sale with presence.

Once the saw is acquired from any store international everything else is a private sale and it's not forbidden by any means. They don't really embargo stuff but we the chainsaw owners wrongly translated it as such

Tuesday i ll have a look for more about your saw
HAPPY NEW YEAR

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score

The saw will not reset itself even running for hours so don't believe anything like that.

By the way you got ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM giving your serial number to Stihl system. No dealership problems either.
The company just confirm that saws are not wordwide shipped violatiing company policy for sale with presence.

Once the saw is acquired from any store international everything else is a private sale and it's not forbidden by any means. They don't really embargo stuff but we the chainsaw owners wrongly translated it as such

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Thanks for the response. This saw sure seems to be a whole different game than others.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Well I can put you in touch with JD stihl north west and you two can hash it out

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea I could really care less what the epa and others have to say about this matter. Just thought I would share my experience of awareness when dealing with foreign saws at a typical USA dealer. I doesn't bother me if anyone gets in trouble, just putting a warning out there, that's all.
I do still enjoy this thread. Thanks for the vids clearcut!