High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Cleaning Cylinders

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I just took a closer look at that 670 cylinder and inside the transfers where I didn't scrub it down afterwards has turned dark and powdery but comes off with my finger. I'll have to get a brush in there before I use it.

View attachment 297823 View attachment 297824
Did they have carbon on them before?
Mine did not on the 034 jug. The 034S did.

It does add a matte finish and more shadow lines like looking at a dull rock finish.

The vinegar does nothing.
20210612_115802.jpg

I'm thinking the plating and the steel stud touched of a chemical reaction with the heat and carbon present.
20210612_115749.jpg Is this the Awesome you speak of Kevin?

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry, I can't remember how much carbon the ports had in them.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

It does add a matte finish and more shadow lines like looking at a dull rock finish.

View attachment 297826

I'm thinking the plating and the steel stud touched of a chemical reaction with the heat and carbon present.
View attachment 297827 Is this the Awesome you speak of Kevin?
I think so. Clear plastic jug, red lettering, yellow product

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used eggzackly the the same thing with tap water. We have few minerals being miles from the water tower here. Perfect for vehicle coolant system water.
I don’t know, man. These were all done with the dark blue Walmart dishwasher pods in a steel galvanized bucket. About a gallon of water and four or five podsimage.jpg

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 297826

View attachment 297827 Is this the Awesome you speak of Kevin?
You might be farked though. LOL. I think Wilt bought the entire New England supply a year ago

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think so. Clear plastic jug, red lettering, yellow product
I'm currently out of it.. It smells like no other cleaner. Used it on everything from nasty old plastic coolers to stained paint and it works nice. Cleans more aggressively than the simple green but no fumes.
I'll get more.

Also need to order some walnut shell media. I have an 084 jug that came with NOS parts that was shot with it. Looks like OEM but no porosity now. It seals up a final finish as you blast. Very appealing to me with air cooled heads on nasty tools like chainsaws, chop saws, mowers, grinders, diggers, sweepers and pumps. Does a very nice job on heads jugs and pump housings I've been told. Should be equally nice for doing cast cases.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I don’t know, man. These were all done with the dark blue Walmart dishwasher pods in a steel galvanized bucket. About a gallon of water and four or five podsView attachment 297832
The galvanised bucket might make a huge difference. It might be an anode with soft surface metals. I'll try that on a super nasty corroded 660 jug here. The bore is mint. The outside is all white death but no scale.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not bad considering the way it looked, I washed it afterwards with dawn and a Scotchbrite pad. I don't think the bolts had any effect on it.

45 minutes cooking

thumbnail_KIMG2002.jpg thumbnail_KIMG2004.jpg thumbnail_KIMG2005.jpg

1Snowcat

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ronie,
What did you use to clean that last nasty cylinder with? Was it straight cleaner or diluted? Curious what guys are doing straight cleaners or diluted?
Curious, mainly...
I've seen where plain muratic acid mixed with water works super good but, it's only used minutes in 15 min increments, for desired effects, NOT overnight....
WARNING ⚠️ proceed with caution!!! It's acid and not mixed correctly will result in nasty burns etc...

1Snowcat

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Livestock semi trailers are acid washed a lot to make them new and shiney! But, not done correctly will have nasty streaking.... acid etches aluminum easily...

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ronie,
What did you use to clean that last nasty cylinder with? Was it straight cleaner or diluted? Curious what guys are doing straight cleaners or diluted?
Curious, mainly...
I've seen where plain muratic acid mixed with water works super good but, it's only used minutes in 15 min increments, for desired effects, NOT overnight....
WARNING ⚠️ proceed with caution!!! It's acid and not mixed correctly will result in nasty burns etc...
I just used dishwasher pods, on that cylinder I cooked it with two pods for 20 minutes then dumped the water and then cooked it 25 minutes with two pods and fresh water. It had a grayish color but after washing with Dawn and a scotchbrite it was gone.