Check Out This JMSSAWS 064

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
7:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing wrong with the way you are approaching this John. Lots of guys have questions about this saw.

@laslabjohn @Keith Gandy @Edwad

Lets hash this all out while we are hashing stuff out.
Feel free to correct me if I missed anything.
If there was a problem with it, according to JMS, why did Keith and John sell it to another, instead of sending it back to JMS? You may not be able to answer this, but it is what I've always found to be hinky in this whole saga.
Those guys can correct me if I'm wrong, but again, the idea that there was something wrong with the saw was a fabricated story to cover for a saw the customer wasn't happy with.

Why didn't they send it back to Jason? I don't know. I'm guessing lack of trust.

I do know that @Edwad sent it to me for the same reason that the owner of the saw that started this thread was not returned to Jason. Edwad has no confidence in Jason and wanted a saw that he knew was right when he got it back.

Edwad

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Those guys can correct me if I'm wrong, but again, the idea that there was something was wrong with the saw was a fabricated story to cover for a saw the customer wasn't happy with.

Why didn't they send it back to Jason? I don't know. I'm guessing lack of trust.

I do know that @Edwad sent it to me for the same reason that the owner of the saw that started this thread was not returned to Jason. Edwad has no confidence in Jason and wanted a saw that he knew was right when he got it back.
True

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1. That was nothing but an attempted cover-up by Jason because the customer wasn't happy with the saw.

What you don't know is that I pulled the cylinder off this saw before I ever ran it. It was fully inspected before I ran it. After all, that's what I was asked to do. I didn't just pull it out of the box, fire it up, and go WOT.

There was nothing obvious mechanically wrong with it. I found numerous issues of sloppy work, but nothing that would have caused a catastrophic failure. I even degreed the saw and pulled a compression check.

Before this video was made, I made one or two cuts with it to make sure it ran right and to tune it. It actually ran very well, IMHO. I turned on the camera, verified the tune RPMs on the tach, which was only 13,800 IIRC, and it went boom before I could video a cut in the wood.

For whatever reason, either the rod or the piston failed. My opinion is that it was the piston. It had been ground on and lightened, but not so much so that I anticipated its failure. Why did it fail? I can't tell you that.

5. Jason built the saw and it exploded, costing the owner $500 in parts alone. Is that not enough reason? How is it any different than Randy starting this thread?

Feel free to ask any questions. We all know what happens when we make assumptions.

I've made lighter pistons than that one that have lasted a long time. To me it really appears that the second ring caught on the flat exhaust roof and then cracked the piston apart at the bottom edge of the ring land. Was was the brand of the piston? How worn did the pieces of skirts look?

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
1:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well it's not the version Jason was trying to sell.

If I remember correctly from the other topic, Jason said the saw had 200psi of compression when he sent it, and after only a few cuts from the owner the compression dropped to 170, he said it was the reason he asked to have it back before it grenades. But this could be *B-S.....

Brad, did you check the compression before?

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I remember correctly from the other topic, Jason said the saw had 200psi of compression when he sent it, and after only a few cuts from the owner the compression dropped to 170, he said it was the reason he asked to have it back before it grenades. But this could be *B-S.....

Yes. If that's what he said, then that was another fabrication. There was no scoring, I'm at only 600' elevation, and I'm using a SnapOn gauge that has been very reliable. Compression was at 170-175.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The issue I have with this is "Jason Said".

I have zero confidence in anything that Jason says.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
5:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score

Those guys can correct me if I'm wrong, but again, the idea that there was something wrong with the saw was a fabricated story to cover for a saw the customer wasn't happy with.

Right. I hear you on the lack of trust, Brad. However, if they had sent it back to Jason it would only be [their] problem, and not Edwad's.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Right. I hear you on the lack of trust, Brad. However, if they had sent it back to Jason it would only be [their] problem, and not Edwad's.

If you've lost confidence in a person, why would you send something back? Just so you can be out another 50.00 in shipping?

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
1:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The issue I have with this is "Jason Said".

I have zero confidence in anything that Jason says.

Me neither. But earlier you had to remove a few posts from a member who still believe Jason and who said that Brad did this on purpose.

I think it's better if all is finally said.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Me neither. But earlier you had to remove a few posts from a member who still believe Jason and who said that Brad did this on purpose.

I think it's better if all is finally said.
I don't think you understand the history involved with the bs coming out of your mouth so far