Carb diaphragm damage?

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
7:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone ever had a running saw just quit wanting to start and found the aluminum disk bent so far the it was keeping the diaphragm from picking up fuel??? It was on a 272XP new to me purchased here, it was running fine when I purchased it and bared it up the first time to test run then shelved for a few months. Went to crank it the other day and pulled, pulled, and pulled some more. Tore into it today and that’s what I found, installed a carb kit and new fuel line, running like a top now. I have rebuilt quite a few carbs but probably not nearly as many carbs as some people here, just wondering if anyone else has ever seen this before.

PA Plumber

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a minty 262XP a few years ago. Decided to sell it after it sat on a shelf for a couple of years.
The saw Cranked right up after sitting and cut almost a cord of wood with it. Buyer came and it started right up for a few test cuts.
He called me a about a week later to tell me the saw wouldn't run.
Hmmmm. I said return the saw and I'll refund the money. He said he had already dropped it off at a shop to be repaired. I told him I would take it back as long as it wasn't worked on.
Turns out the saw shop put in a carb kit and had told him the 100LL I was using for mix had caused the disc in the carb to fall out. Hmmm again.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a minty 262XP a few years ago. Decided to sell it after it sat on a shelf for a couple of years.
The saw Cranked right up after sitting and cut almost a cord of wood with it. Buyer came and it started right up for a few test cuts.
Hmmmm. I said return the saw and I'll refund the money. He said he had already dropped it off at a shop to be repaired. I told him I would take it back as long as it wasn't worked on.
Turns out the saw shop put in a carb kit and had told him the 100LL I was using for mix had caused the disc in the carb to fall out. Hmmm again.
Just like, it's blown up, just buy a new saw, will give you $50 off new saw.

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That's a bunch of BS, I've been running 100LL for years with no issues

PA Plumber

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I too had been running 100LL for years before that.
Been using Non-eth after my first ported saw didn't like the 100LL. Just stayed with the Non-eth ever since.