Cannon Lightweight Bars

Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This just came through on their newsletter.

Cannon DURALITE Lightweight Chainsaw Bars

mail

"The Cannon Bar is doing great so far. I bucked a super loaded log the other day and it ripped my saw out of my hands, broke my chain tensioner and pinched my bar hard against the side of another log. The bar was fine." - Kaitlin Scown, Vancouver Island, BC

There has been an increasingly high demand for us to produce a lightweight bar over the last few years and we are extremely excited to announce that we are almost there!

It is very important to us to ensure that any lightweight bar we release performs better than all of the current lightweight bars on the market and we believe that we have accomplished this. We have had various styles of lightweight bars tested in areas of British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, and California since 2018, and after extremely positive feedback we have settled on a design and will start manufacturing the Duralite SuperBar as soon as possible. There will be more specs and information released within the next month and we expect to have these bars available for purchase through our dealers in Fall of 2019.
Thank you from all of us at Cannon Bar Works Ltd.
Looking for more information regarding Cannon Bars? Visit our website:
CANNON BAR WORKS

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This just came through on their newsletter.

Cannon DURALITE Lightweight Chainsaw Bars

mail

"The Cannon Bar is doing great so far. I bucked a super loaded log the other day and it ripped my saw out of my hands, broke my chain tensioner and pinched my bar hard against the side of another log. The bar was fine." - Kaitlin Scown, Vancouver Island, BC

There has been an increasingly high demand for us to produce a lightweight bar over the last few years and we are extremely excited to announce that we are almost there!

It is very important to us to ensure that any lightweight bar we release performs better than all of the current lightweight bars on the market and we believe that we have accomplished this. We have had various styles of lightweight bars tested in areas of British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, and California since 2018, and after extremely positive feedback we have settled on a design and will start manufacturing the Duralite SuperBar as soon as possible. There will be more specs and information released within the next month and we expect to have these bars available for purchase through our dealers in Fall of 2019.
Thank you from all of us at Cannon Bar Works Ltd.
Looking for more information regarding Cannon Bars? Visit our website:
CANNON BAR WORKS
How's the price going to compare to the Stihl and and other light weight bars that most people can't afford to pay for in the sizes of the 32" range.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
6:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can’t say that I really saw which bar was used the writing was all worn out.

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't wait to try a cannon light weight. Plus if they put out a new one soon it will be about time for a new 20" on the stumper.

Last edited:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't after I canceled my cable lol.

Yard trees in the city I'd imagine. Don't need much for 9" weeds.
Carbide chains be expensive, You can cut a lot with a 20" bar, You may ask why have carbide? For situations like this concrete in a tree. I *f-worded up my chain that was on my 36 so I finished it off with the 20". Or since I've moved down south along the coast the trees are smaller but everything has sand embedded in them whether its at the base or the tops.

Attachments

• 20181006_130209.jpg
    20181006_130209.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 20181006_131157.jpg
    20181006_131157.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 20181006_130238.jpg
    20181006_130238.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a carbide chain givin to me by my dad. He got it from someone that didn't know how to sharpen it after they dulled it all to hell. I tell you if you sharpen them right and use your head cutting stuff they really do have a place in tree work. Dirt covered logs are right in there wheelhouse. If rocks are involved don't even try it. I have a Oregon rw and a stihl rw. I think I prefer my stihl bar only because I think it may not flex as much as the Oregon bar and I can pretty much run them on any of me saws. I am always worried that the insert will pop out of flexed too much.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A 42” and 50” would be sweet! Nobody in the market will complete at those lengths, a 20” bar isn’t a game changer, unless it’s feather light rigid and durable! Lol the long bars is were the weight is noticeable, but log bars are a big seller either! I love my Stihl 32” and 36” lite bars, to me it would have to be competitive in price and I don’t feel cannon can do that, 42+ they have an open market. Cannons are sexy af but expensive, I own old ones, I would consider a 50” lite bar at a premium but not 36 and under

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just wanna see these bars for sale on the shelf. China can copy a product & get to market before the OEM even released it, yet the world's most premium saw bar Co takes a decade to give the market what they desperately want. Cannon moves like an injured snail.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just wanna see these bars for sale on the shelf. China can copy a product & get to market before the OEM even released it, yet the world's most premium saw bar Co takes a decade to give the market what they desperately want. Cannon moves like an injured snail.
Injured snail rental, cheap.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last thing I’d want an expensive cannon bar on is my stump saw. The cheapest bar I can get that works would be the one I’m running with carbide chain o dirty stumps. Dirts hard on rails and tips want to destroy a 200$ bar or 35-40$ bar.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the local tree guys starting up was looking to see where he could save money and was looking at all the holzforma saws. Told him wouldn’t bother because your relying on it to make money for one and the second main reason I would avoid is your going to bid a tree or trees that could cost the homeowner several hundred to in the thousands to cut and clean up and you bring 800$ in China saws to do it. Told him just doesn’t look professional and buy decent equipment little at a time you can get by with cheaper stuff certain places. Two guys I’m fixing saws for have been buying the laminated stihl bars for ground crews and stumps. Save 30-35$ on each bar over the es pro and a lot of times the rails are screwed up the crew bends it ect and it’s easier to throw and replace than repair. So I told him good saws and bars for the main crew and if he’s hiring a lot of temporary job to job help buy a couple mid size name brand farm/ranch saws for those people until they prove themselves.