trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
5:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How about a jred 625 air filter? Looks about right but I dont know about the thickness of it. I have a Cutter 670 here but its got the V stack in it.

Shane¹

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How about a jred 625 air filter? Looks about right but I dont know about the thickness of it. I have a Cutter 670 here but its got the V stack in it.
Would you mount it straight to the back of the carb vertically?

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would you mount it straight to the back of the carb vertically?
It looks like it might bolt on right. But I dont know the spacing between the bolts, if they are the right spacing...and how deep it is whether it will fit on the carb with enough room to clear the back of the air box

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
2:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, an MS-210 definitely won't work.

Tom - What do you think about a Husqvarna 142 filter base and filter? The filter base is a plastic deal that bolts to the carb and then the filter bolts to that.

It looks like it would fit under your 644 cover. The main caveat would be if the carb bolts are the right spacing.

Shane¹

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It looks like it might bolt on right. But I dont know the spacing between the bolts, if they are the right spacing...and how deep it is whether it will fit on the carb with enough room to clear the back of the air box
I think the 625 has the same filter as the 288 I have one of those filters I can measure it for you tomorrow if you want

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The spacing is the same on most saw carbs from 25 cc up to 95 cc. The angle the bolts are on is the only thing to contend with.

Last edited:

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, an MS-210 definitely won't work.

Tom - What do you think about a Husqvarna 142 filter base and filter? The filter base is a plastic deal that bolts to the carb and then the filter bolts to that.

It looks like it would fit under your 644 cover. The main caveat would be if the carb bolts are the right spacing.

I'll try to size up a 142 filter. Might work. I have less room in the left side than the right and the fuel line is right by the rt side of the carb.
I think the 625 has the same filter as the 288 I have one of those filters I can measure it for you tomorrow if you want
If you would please

The spacing is the same on most saw carbs from 25 cc up to 95 cc. The angle the bolts are on is the only thing to contend with.
Thanks for the info Kev

SimonHS

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a reply early this morning:

Hi,

I'm sorry, but that air filter is no longer available from Solo.
Those chain saw parts moved to Al-Ko company.
https://al-ko.com/en/

We don't have access to those parts.

Tuomas Soikkeli
Product Manager
Stokker OY
Kaarina Stokker

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a reply early this morning:

Hi,

I'm sorry, but that air filter is no longer available from Solo.
Those chain saw parts moved to Al-Ko company.
https://al-ko.com/en/

We don't have access to those parts.

Tuomas Soikkeli
Product Manager
Stokker OY
Kaarina Stokker

I looked for it, 13 pages to be exact, and couldnt find anything. Alot of chains and blades for the chainsaw, but no air filters unless I was looking in the wrong area?

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And I'd really be appreciative if somebody either had a pic of the brake workings of a 644/651 or a diagram or a service manual.

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any chance someome in the forums has a 3D printer and could make you an adapter, or possibly you could make one yourself from a 1/4" thick piece of aluminum stock so you could bolt up something different to it? Just throwing out some ideas...

That's the bad thing about these older obsolete saws. I have several old McCulloch BP-1's here that I've been looking to adapt parts to for years now. The parts for them (namely carburetors) are almost literally needles in the haystack. Very hard to adapt anything to them without totally modifying the air filter, filter cover, and carb bix.