High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Buckin Billy Ray on the New Ax Men!

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
5:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Personally I think he has some of the better stuff that's on YouTube (entertainment value included). Theres another faller I like to watch but his are short and hes not putting out the volume of information Like Bilky does, just single tree here or there. His name is Jack and his channel is Hotsaws101. Ever watch him?
What's your channel?

There in an old sayin' generally used when breaking in a trainee in the ol' BC up the the passages and inlets and it goes as such:
"My Grandma can fall green trees...that's not what they pay you for...when you take the big ugly snags down... That is what they pay you for". (Cedar)
Jack is a good green wood Faller in perfect ground. Love how he swoped hands like a pro he is. It's all about him and little about a lesson though. One vid I saw; he said ..." Look at my new chainsaw trick".. ..He puts a piece of the undercut under one side and 'boots' the tree.
It's not new, it's not his or should any respectful Faller EVER EVER EVER..put that on the internet. I have seen Fallers let trees walk over their wedge as they hold it in their hand to kick it up or down the hill more because their U/C was off.
Jack has probably indirectly killed guys. I would be happy to address him. Another one...he had a co-worker get killed over 'falling into a stand'. He took over from the deseased on the felling quarter and said he debated about wether he should take the tree that caused the facility out, ...or not? He decided not to???
That is quite the lesson. I rest my case.

The cut he just did???^^^
It had no violent lean. So you will get a slight hold on the account that the cut fiber's have to put up from the bottom. 3-4" in this case. You also lose as you advance towards the hinge. The force you put on the fiber's increases drastically.
He doesn't tell you any of that sh—t..
When yes, if you cut in from the sap wood with softwood then it's more brittle. With Big spruce for example then you could pull out 15 feet in the sapwood. Again no lesson???
I would do 30-40 drop snaps per day on back learners.in Ceadar. Bore in leaving an 1" of so... in uniform solid wood from the back and cut forward.. then undercut your stap about 6" then pop a muff always as you walk back to you pusher tree. The thing he doesn't know is in hard terrain is that 6" piece hanging down; will catch and tear up your log at times.

Personally never seen a YouTube channel.
Only seen these guys on saw sites

Forget these clowns and just follow me on Twitter? Haha

Last edited:

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There in an old sayin' generally used when breaking in a trainee in the ol' BC up the the passages and inlets and it goes as such:
"My Grandma can fall green trees...that's not what they pay you for...when you take the big ugly snags down... That is what they pay you for". (Cedar)
Jack is a good green wood Faller in perfect ground. Love how he swoped hands like a pro he is. It's all about him and little about a lesson though. One vid I saw; he said ..." Look at my new chainsaw trick".. ..He puts a piece of the undercut under one side and 'boots' the tree.
It's not new, it's not his or should any respectful Faller EVER EVER EVER..put that on the internet. I have seen Fallers let thet walk over their wedge as they hold it in their hand to kick it up or down the hill more because their U/C was off Jack has probably indirectly killed guys. I would be happy to address him. Another one...he had a co-worker get killed over 'falling into a stand'. He took over from the deseased on the felling quarter and said he debated about wether he should take the tree that caused the facility out, ...or not? He decided not to???
That is quite the lesson. I rest my case.

The cut he just did???^^^
It had no violent lean. So you will get a slight hold on the account that the cut fiber's have to put up from the bottom. 3-4" in this case. You also lose as you advance towards the hinge. The force you put on the fiber's increases drastically.
He doesn't tell you any of that sh—t..
When yes, if you cut in from the sap wood with softwood then it's more brittle. With Big spruce for example then you could pull out 15 feet in the sapwood. Again no lesson???
I would do 30-40 drop snaps per day on back learners.in Ceadar. Bore in leaving an 1" of so... in uniform solid wood from the back and cut forward.. then undercut your stap about 6" then pop a muff always as you walk back to you pusher tree. The thing he doesn't know is in hard terrain is that 6" piece hanging down; will catch and tear up your log at times so there is preferences

Personally never seen a YouTube channel.
Only seen these guys on saw sites

Forget these clowns and just follow me on Twitter? Haha

Men will be women in 30 years...they kinda already are.

Our world is based on "likes" and "followers"...its pathetic.

Last edited:

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
'Live out your logging dreams'...watch Axmen today! Get serious, follow, subscribe & 'like' your favourite YouTube loggers. Before long you too will feel like a manly logger, subscribe today!

rumatt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK I'm 3 episodes in and this show is just flat out awful. Dramatic music when absolutely nothing is happening. Trying to make everything seem so urgent and life and death. Jumping around nonstop. Repeating recaps over and over.

Garbage. Why do they insist on ruining what could be really good content?

Last edited:

shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK I'm 3 episodes in and this show is just flat out awful. Dramatic music when absolutely nothing is happening. Trying to make everything seem so urgent and life and death. Jumping around nonstop. Repeating recaps over and over.

So then, nothing has changed?

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So then, nothing has changed?

This^. I thin for every thousand hours of footage the production crew takes, less than an hour would make it to air. Reconstruction, staging, effects both sound and others is what the production crew does. It needs to be high drama, dangerous on the edge stuff. Showing an average hour of an average day logging would make watching grass growing seem eventful.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Why don't you boys just watch the Kardashians instead ? .. same thing.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I lost interest in that Axe men stuff but I did catch a segment over the week end .This Billy Ray guy certainly has a lot of old saws hanging in his shed I must say .On that I'd about say he's just like me,they don't all run although all of them did at one time or another .They may or may not run at some time or another in the future .

Penguin

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I do like Buckin' he seems like a really good person. And very good at what he does.

That said I find it hard to watch the show. I've never been around a large commercial logging operation but compared to the heavy highway work I have been around there seems to be a lot of stuff flying around. A lot of equipment being yanked one way and then snatched the other. Stuff breaking free and crashing down.

Looks dangerous and makes me nervous just watching it. :)

Will

livemusic

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All so called reality shows are highly scripted .Some I might add are really dumb .

I am a songwriter and musician, emphasis on songwriter. A year ago a new reality show came on, I forget the name, it's about songwriters. Should be right down my alley, I should love it! I watched 10 minutes and that was all I could take. Bogus! As for Buckin and his youtube stuff, I will say again, he's often 'out there' with his schtick but I find him hugely entertaining sometimes. And, he's legit, I think, and has good tree content.