Buckin Billy Ray on the New Ax Men!

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Billy better have an alarm system cause every junkie in fifty miles just got a look at their potential next fix. Damn shame that is world we live in now days.
I caught a peek of his shop in an old video he did. Nice toys indeed.

I do believe I would enjoy swap logging on a boat in the summertime. Ax men, in the mush, logging, in an east coast swamp, not so much.
I thought the same thing. Hope that guy has cameras and vicious dogs roaming at night and day.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

rumatt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just watched the first two episodes. Buckin wasn't even in the second episode. Lame.

The show is mostly about massive logging equipment and signing multi-million dollar contracts. Then they show buckin teaching Hogan how to cut while in a tree. It totally doesn't fit in.

I hope they figure out how to integrate him (and include him at all!) on future episodes.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
1:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well yeh popcorn time has been fixed...:):)
, I just watched the 2nd episode, it didn’t live up to my expectations :(

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
7:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does Buckin Billy Ray ever shut up long enough for anyone else to fit a word in edgewise?

I can't imagine it...dude definitely likes to hear himself quack.

Seems like a good guy who knows his stuff but good God, STFU once in a while. It's exhausting.

RedGas hahaha. How true never shuts the FU. Never.

What we get here in Aus is proberbly 4 or 5 or more years old...

I always figured that's why those Iranians and third worlders wouldn't mess with old Ronbo Reagan. His old war flicks like Operation Pipeline and the one where he played Grover Cleveland Alexander the major league pitcher and WW1 vet portrayed him as a killer. The shaw and his camel buddies were probably sittin' around in a tent watchin' '50s Ronbo rock all those Koreans and taking mustard gas shots to the face. Better not mess with him guys. Ride your camels over there and free them hostages.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its Axe Mex, not Logging Men. He fits in in my opinion. Just a different part of the job.
The only time I saw guys on axmen use an ax to fell a tree was to settle a $100 bet in which both guys were totally spent 1/4 way through a 14" softwood tree. If it was not for editing the episode may well still be going.

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
10:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only time I saw guys on axmen use an ax to fell a tree was to settle a $100 bet in which both guys were totally spent 1/4 way through a 14" softwood tree. If it was not for editing the episode may well still be going.

Haha yep I seen that ep too ......

Nathan lassley

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I remember that one, I could have cut those trees with my kindling hatchet before they got done.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sounds like Billy's painful wedging. I have no problems saying nice things about him but he is the creation of @fanboyhypetraintonoobwhere. I would think he has been at it long enough that I would think he would know how to use a 10" K&H wedge from the side? He had not a clue? He had 127 likes Vs 1 dislike for that vid. Who ever has that kind of ratings on YouTube in the best of cases? In the right company it should have been an easy 128 dislikes.
Then he barber chairs a 10" small FIr and figured he should have bored it? What is the matter with a diamond back cut? Another vid he suggested was unpreventable in the double maple?? No it wasn't! There has been many kids that never ran a saw in their life but broke in properly in BC coast product falling and are waaaaayyyy ahead off him in a year. That's just the truth.

Last edited:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well @~WBF that’s an interesting take on it.... I’m not a guy with the experience to know, or pick up on slight mishaps or wrong actions. I only see from greenhorn eyes.

But To me cutting trees is like a simultaneous maths equation, not that im that good with maths, I just see it, if you do this then this is/can be a result, that then can be treated in the next equation. So you do this, or you can do that but not something else...

I know his channel is very acid love hippy thing. But this is a bore to me as pops up every darn time over and over...

I try to learn from him as I do from other channels... and everyone likes different teachers

And from other things I’ve done in the passed, you look back and with the wealth of your experience, and you can say who was the most influential to you and who was not so good...

Cheers.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
To better clerify:
I respectfully mean WAY ahead in MOST areas pertaining to Falling. Some of these guys are not even full rate Fallers perhaps many due to 'company technicalities'.

BUT ...yet you are not a Faller until you have 5 years on the coast in Cedar country? That's the word on the hill.
Unless you were a protégée and got killed then you would be fully respected as a west coast faller after death.

Yes..'worth' goes up in death

Last edited:

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
To better clerify:
I respectfully mean WAY ahead in MOST areas pertaining to Falling. Some of these guys are not even full rate Fallers perhaps many due to 'company technicalities'.

BUT ...yet you are not a Faller until you have 5 years on the coast in Cedar country? That's the word on the hill.
Unless you were a protégée and got killed then you would be fully respected as a west coast faller after death.

Yes..'worth' goes up in death

Personally I think he has some of the better stuff that's on YouTube (entertainment value included). Theres another faller I like to watch but his are short and hes not putting out the volume of information Like Bilky does, just single tree here or there. His name is Jack and his channel is Hotsaws101. Ever watch him?
What's your channel?