Buckin Billy Ray on the New Ax Men!

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am sure someone has mentioned this already but last night I just finished the first episode of the New Ax Men. Buckin Billy Ray is on this season. I got turned on to him from someone here in a discussion of ported says, maybe a dolmar?

In it you see him go into his shed. He has quite a collection of vintage saws!
I have only seen a few of his videos so far and he is quite entertaining and great in front of the camera.

This season looks to be better than it was in years! Toward the last several seasons of it's run it got so fake and dramatized. I am looking forward to this season with more diversified crews. At least one traditional crew it looks like cutting hardwood.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I thought it was a good episode. I hope they continue to get better because they still pull that drama BS when they say things like "these trees need to get cut before the next storm or they will crush the house"... IDK that part is still there. That and the fact that they replay the same shot over and over with a different angle and drag out a 10 minute hiccup for nearly the whole show. I think how they edit the show sucks honestly but nothing we can do...

Cant wait to see if Logger Wade is on the next episode or if he joins in on the third one... You know him?

We have a thread on BBR here... http://opeforum.com/threads/buckin-billy-ray-smith.6200/page-14#post-905429

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought it was a good episode. I hope they continue to get better because they still pull that drama BS when they say things like "these trees need to get cut before the next storm or they will crush the house"... IDK that part is still there. That and the fact that they replay the same shot over and over with a different angle and drag out a 10 minute hiccup for nearly the whole show. I think how they edit the show sucks honestly but nothing we can do...

We have a thread on BBR here... http://opeforum.com/threads/buckin-billy-ray-smith.6200/page-14#post-905429
Your right. Those trees with heart rot were going to smash that house if not down by that evening.

Then there is the shot of him up there topping with a vintage saw but when the top falls he has like a modernish husky. And his son is shown with a husky climbing saw but the close up is of a 90s or so Stihl horizontal saw?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I gave up watching that crap 2 years ago .
If anyone carried on like they do in a logging coup around here they would lose their teeth and then their job and never work again in the job ......
It was last on about two years ago. This season looks like it's more like the first few seasons when it wasn't as fake and soap oprahish.

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think they only brought buckin on for his big fan of peolple he already jas without the show to watch axe men to bring up ther ratings.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Yes that is definitely a reason. He does ha e a good personality too. I am a huge fan of reality shows. It might surprise you how many people they put on these shows that have a YouTube channel. There are lots of them that do on all different kinds of shows. They have them before the show where they got D list famous.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
4:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your right. Those trees with heart rot were going to smash that house if not down by that evening.

Then there is the shot of him up there topping with a vintage saw but when the top falls he has like a modernish husky. And his son is shown with a husky climbing saw but the close up is of a 90s or so Stihl horizontal saw?

He and Hogan both have an echo 2511t that have had work done to them. The others are 200ts

livemusic

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think they only brought buckin on for his big fan of peolple he already jas without the show to watch axe men to bring up ther ratings.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I haven't seen the show but tried to catch it tonight, maybe it will be on another time, but I will say that, sure, they could have brought him on for a boost from his fan base but if I have ever seen any human being who is natural star for a reality tv show, it's him. The guy is a natural. He's a bit eccentric but that makes him interesting. I like to watch his youtubes. Today, I happened to watch him split up a bunch of firewood with a splitting axe and I also watched a video from August Hunicke and he had Buckin in there in cameo appearances; even it was pretty entertaining. I'd bet good money Buckin is a lady killer, I bet he has to beat 'em off with a stick, lol. He's got the gift of gab. Maybe he's married now, I don't know.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I haven't seen the show but tried to catch it tonight, maybe it will be on another time, but I will say that, sure, they could have brought him on for a boost from his fan base but if I have ever seen any human being who is natural star for a reality tv show, it's him. The guy is a natural. He's a bit eccentric but that makes him interesting. I like to watch his youtubes. Today, I happened to watch him split up a bunch of firewood with a splitting axe and I also watched a video from August Hunicke and he had Buckin in there in cameo appearances; even it was pretty entertaining. I'd bet good money Buckin is a lady killer, I bet he has to beat 'em off with a stick, lol. He's got the gift of gab. Maybe he's married now, I don't know.
Hes married. Seems to be a dedicated family man as far as I can tell from his videos and I've watched him quite steadily for a couple of years. But I would have to agree, I'm sure he was a charmer back in the day lol.

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
7:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was last on about two years ago. This season looks like it's more like the first few seasons when it wasn't as fake and soap oprahish.

What we get here in Aus is proberbly 4 or 5 or more years old last time I tripped over it chanel surfing about 2 months ago two dickheads were having a play fight under the skywire......

RedGas

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Does Buckin Billy Ray ever shut up long enough for anyone else to fit a word in edgewise?

I can't imagine it...dude definitely likes to hear himself quack.

Seems like a good guy who knows his stuff but good God, STFU once in a while. It's exhausting.

Last edited:

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hes married. Seems to be a dedicated family man as far as I can tell from his videos and I've watched him quite steadily for a couple of years. But I would have to agree, I'm sure he was a charmer back in the day lol.
He talked about his wife and how she tells him to be careful each morning. And about her thinking he was done second time he broke his back.

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What we get here in Aus is proberbly 4 or 5 or more years old last time I tripped over it chanel surfing about 2 months ago two dickheads were having a play fight under the skywire......
You can watch online Netflix and YouTube I'm sure have it. Or in their app discovery.go I don't think it filters out what you can see on the web unless your in China. Haha

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Does Buckin Billy Ray ever shut up long enough for anyone else to fit a word in edgewise?

I can't imagine it...dude definitely likes to hear himself quack.

Seems like a good guy who knows his stuff but good God, STFU once in a while. It's exhausting.
You're basing that on what they put on Axe Men?