Bringing a Cannon DuraLite bar to Randys GTG

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
11:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the original guarantee was that they would last three times as long as a Stihl bar but guys were bending them and abusing the warranty so they stopped advertising that way
these bars will reasonably last dang near forever, a LOT stiffer than similar length Tsumura bars (and i love Tsumura and run them in 16 and 20")
Well I never knew that ......
I don't think there has been a cannon dealer in Aus......

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't see one of these bars lasting three times as long as a tsumura
Tsumura are my favorite I've ran them since the 80s
Have 20 or so.
I actually prefer the solid over the lightweight myself.
Most of the cannon guy's i know won't buy anything else
I'll get one eventually.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think they intend for folks to use their adapters to run them on basically any saw out there, they may make other mounts but this is their version of a universal mount
Dave

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay that makes sense. The bar already is pricey, would be better if it didn't require an adapter at additional cost(insult to injury). Plus I'd rather not have to add an adapter to the saw, not sure why they decided to make that choice for everyone. Was looking forward to these an now I'm not. Hopefully they read the forums.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the cannon adapters are cheap, cheap, cheap, but I understand your point
they are just trying to minimize the number of models as they roll out the new product, Maybe they will do other mounts later, but as of now this is it
Dave

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t buy anything but one bar mount (stihl) for the D009/3003 saws, unless I get a freebie in another mount. It’s a waste of $ if you have both stihl/huskies/dolmars and buy two different mounts. With a $11.75 adapter (a cannon adapter that fits both dolmar and husky studs) and 5 minutes to grind the slot slightly longer, I save the cost of buying another bar mount. All use same chain with one bar mount. Saves costs of buying a different dL chain. It all adds up. Just imho.

Last edited:

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t buy anything but one bar mount (stihl) for the D009/3003 saws, unless I get a freebie in another mount. It’s a waste of $ if you have both stihl/huskies/dolmars and buy two different mounts. With a $11.75 adapter (a cannon adapter that fits both dolmar and husky studs) and 5 minutes to grind the slot slightly longer, I save the cost of buying another bar mount. All use same chain with one bar mount. Saves costs of buying a different dL chain. It all adds up. Just imho.
Perzackly

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If i had your money, i would too!

Do i need to say something to dad about eggs or is it too late??

I feel you! I hope Dave can fit a bucket of pennies in his truck for down payment! The rest will have to go on a shung gum wrapper as an IOU. If you need a gum wrapper just let me know.