Best backpack blower out there...

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there a problem with refilling the tank every once in a while? They do design these things with pro leaf blowers in mind, I'm sure the run time of any of them is sufficient, or carry an extra half gallon in a can around.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sub $500.00 the Husqvarna 570/RedMax EBZ 7500 is the way to go, great value for the money. That being said the Echo PB-8010 is WELL worth the extra $100.00 and is lighter than the Husqvarna/RedMax.
I think mine was $550 out the door. I waited 5 months...but well worth it.

I told the dealer if it moves dog turds and pine needles out of Bermuda grass it is a winner.....and it does.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool, I didn't know it was Strato-Charged! But how long is pretty long lol. I have never had a backpack blower, so I don't know how long "pretty long" is for one of them. I am accustomed to about 45 minutes to an hour of runtime on my handheld machines.
Well over an hour. I can do my yard ...over an acre... and still have fuel.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think mine was $550 out the door. I waited 5 months...but well worth it.

I told the dealer if it moves dog turds and pine needles out of Bermuda grass it is a winner.....and it does.

I had guys from the local park tell me that it would dry the sidewalk off while it was still raining. LOL

Agr516

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another vote for the Husqvarna 580 BTS. I have one and that thing hates a damn leaf. Very easy starting too. We have Stihl 600's at work and the 580 Husqvarna beats them hands down. I am no fan of the Stihl 4 mix engines either. Why in the hell should a 2-stroke engine have valves that need adjustment?

Husky268

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Totally agree and i hate working on stihl blowers

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ive had a few apart and the REdmax/Husky bts line is the easiest to work on, hands down. The Stihl is the easiest to start WHEN YOU HAVE THE Valves adjusted proper. If its NOT easy to start , suptins wong. After a while the decompression "spring" in the "Cam" goes wonky and it need replacing ( not fun but easy once you get to the engine) I like the Stihl when I have an extended period of use, as the vibrations are less. The husky for a quick blow job after cuts. Joe says the New Echo is the Cats Ass and if he says so I will try one out as soon as I find one. It took me a while to learn the 4max motors but they are pretty easy once you do.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ive had a few apart and the REdmax/Husky bts line is the easiest to work on, hands down. The Stihl is the easiest to start WHEN YOU HAVE THE Valves adjusted proper. If its NOT easy to start , suptins wong. After a while the decompression "spring" in the "Cam" goes wonky and it need replacing ( not fun but easy once you get to the engine) I like the Stihl when I have an extended period of use, as the vibrations are less. The husky for a quick blow job after cuts. Joe says the New Echo is the Cats Ass and if he says so I will try one out as soon as I find one. It took me a while to learn the 4max motors but they are pretty easy once you do.
Angelo, I’ll bring mine to the CT GTG if you want. It’s a hoss.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know about the run time. All I can say is, it was easy to set up, comfortable to have on and blew like nothing I've ever seen before. So you won't be working as long as were before either.
I dated a girl like that once. I should’ve married that one.