Negative Red Rider!

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
12:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have seen any pics of Kelley McGinnis lately?

Lootbug

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welp, after much head scratching, annoyed pondering, and spending $ on a carb, I finally figured out what was causing the bad idle issue. The culprit: piston was installed backwards :laufband: :eek:. This whole time I've been trying to track down air leaks and carb issues...I didn't even notice until I cleaned the carbon off the top of the piston and saw the little arrow pointing the wrong way lol. Lord knows I make mistakes all the time, but this is the first time I've had the top end off so I can't take credit for the backwards install. Guess it shows how much of a noob I am at this for not noticing immediately the piston ports where backwards :D . But happy to say that after flipping the piston the right way and reassembly, it runs and idles great :):).

On a side note, it's really awesome to see how these forums have taken off since the first few weeks. Big thanks to Mastermind, Gentleman and all the others who've contributed to making this a fun and informative place to learn and share.