High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

arboristsite.com newbie questions

MHHPartner

OPE Member
Local time
9:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
OK, I know it's weird asking questions about AS on here, but see no alternative. I know a lot of you folks use both sites.

I joined OPEForum and AS at the same time. Already own several chain saws, but looking to start milling my own lumber next year and also always looking for tips on keeping the old saws running.

There was a saw listed for sale on AS that I was interested in, but it says I have "insufficient privileges to post a reply", and apparently I also have insufficient privileges to post a PM to the seller, since I can find that option nowhere.

Does anyone know if there is some trial period during which new members are blocked from commenting or PMing? Or if there is some hoop I have to jump through to get approved?

Thanks much for any help or guidance.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Which saw is it?

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK, I know it's weird asking questions about AS on here, but see no alternative. I know a lot of you folks use both sites.

I joined OPEForum and AS at the same time. Already own several chain saws, but looking to start milling my own lumber next year and also always looking for tips on keeping the old saws running.

There was a saw listed for sale on AS that I was interested in, but it says I have "insufficient privileges to post a reply", and apparently I also have insufficient privileges to post a PM to the seller, since I can find that option nowhere.

Does anyone know if there is some trial period during which new members are blocked from commenting or PMing? Or if there is some hoop I have to jump through to get approved?

Thanks much for any help or guidance.
You have zero postings on AS. Not sure what the minimum number has to be, but there is a minimum. 1-3 posts is a guess.

MHHPartner

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's what I assumed, but every forum I've visited says I have insufficient privileges to post, so I don't know how I'll ever get to the minimum.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some forums let you sign up, but can't do much until a moderator approves your account.

Nolan

Active OPE Member
Local time
5:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I Think you need to be an approved member

MHHPartner

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No, the details didn't work out, but I appreciate the assist. I enjoyed connecting with the seller and look forward to possible future transactions.

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The guy that owns Arboristsite hates the members of the forum. He is only interested in making money from site sponsors.
That very well might be true, but, even if the website owner is a total dikk head, there are still some ridiculously smart guys on there that can help you troubleshoot stuff.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That very well might be true, but, even if the website owner is a total dikk head, there are still some ridiculously smart guys on there that can help you troubleshoot stuff.
Surely you're talking about spoon carving Tom, huskybill, and the gang that hangs out full time in the political forum. Ever since the ads started appearing everywhere, including inside of every post, and TxBrew and Angie started sending daily emails, I haven't been there much. I don't see myself missing out on any of the smart guys.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Surely you're talking about spoon carving Tom, huskybill, and the gang that hangs out full time in the political forum. Ever since the ads started appearing everywhere, including inside of every post, and TxBrew and Angie started sending daily emails, I haven't been there much. I don't see myself missing out on any of the smart guys.

Amen

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you trying to provoke Kevin
With that huskybill reference?

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry, don't know his name