High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Anyone tried the Hyway titanium coated cylinders yet?

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm still hesitating cutting the squish on my ms695xp super magnum project because I'm afraid it might chip at the top of the cylinder. I'll have to see if I can carefully get a cutoff wheel in there to separate the squish plating from the cylinder plating like what I did before trimming the base extension.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
1:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm still hesitating cutting the squish on my ms695xp super magnum project because I'm afraid it might chip at the top of the cylinder. I'll have to see if I can carefully get a cutoff wheel in there to separate the squish plating from the cylinder plating like what I did before trimming the base extension.

I've never had a problem with plating chipping around the squish band, usually the bores are a little large at the top anyway so you are not undercutting the plating. Plus the ring doesn't get up there to snag the plating.

My experience with Hyway cylinders have always been them flake the plating above the exhaust port at around 15-20 tanks. They run good for a while but then the top ring catches the plating flakes and gets stuffed in the ring land, holding the ring back, loosing all compression.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My experience with Hyway cylinders have always been them flake the plating above the exhaust port at around 15-20 tanks. They run good for a while but then the top ring catches the plating flakes and gets stuffed in the ring land, holding the ring back, loosing all compression.
I hope this new plating holds up better than their older stuff.