High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Anyone tried the Hyway titanium coated cylinders yet?

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought the Husky 372 52 mm popup. The plating is like a mirror. Still thin but Definetly harder. I was planning send it out for the spa treatment when my xpg gets done and do one (regular niksil) myself without the base gasket.

The Hyway rings resemble caber F cast (but rougher) so I ordered regular caber rings that should wear better FWIW.

For my use I'm sure they are fine. Production cutting or milling probably better off oem.

Bjorn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello, I have a 660 bigbore titanikel. Its looks Really good and timing Numbers is ok. Running it without base gasket. Squish is 0.023. Regards Bjorn

Last edited:

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
5:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have some inbound, but not in stock yet.

They hone them with a diamond hone because the stuff is so hard. Likely gonna mess up your tools a bit if you get to grinding.
They have to put a layer of nickel on the cylinder wall first in order to take the heat required for the titanium to adhere.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would definitely be interested in how this works? My only experience with titanium is race valves and guns .
Titanium valves get changed frequently and the actual barrel sleeve of a titanium gun is traditional material, Both because heat cycling titanium makes it go boom! As in shatter.
I just haven't thought about it used as plating for internal parts? Any feed back is good .

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
4:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder what the proposed advantage of this new coating is.... Nikasil has been an excellent 2-stroke cylinder coating, and has a proven track record. I am interested in hearing about people's experience with it.

Bjorn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello everyone dont try to port the titanikel cylinder. The plating is just to hard and brittle. The plating is chipping and lifting everywhere You touch it. Even after grinding With a Diamond Burr first. Hopeless to work With.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you get pics before the work to see the factory ports?

Any duration or timing numbers?
82/124/102 without a gasket is what I timed it at.
The exhaust port roof and floor are extremely flat. The transfers have poor direction and allow for short circuiting out the exhaust. The tunnels are to tight to allow for good flow.
The intake port looks decent.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The exhaust port roof and floor are extremely flat. The transfers have poor direction and allow for short circuiting out the exhaust. The tunnels are to tight to allow for good flow.
:(
Thanks

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

At least those aren't terrible stock numbers

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder if it's a hardness problem or an adhesion problem from the "different" blend of plating.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder if it's a hardness problem or an adhesion problem from the "different" blend of plating.
I’d say both. The plating was chipping and lifting. In stock form they would likely be ok but I don’t think they’d perform very good due to the bad port shapes and direction