Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A couple thoughts, worth what ya paid for em :)

we should move manuals to the technical information area and ONLY have threads there with documents, IPLS, tech references and tutorials, move out the questions and discussions to chainsaw general where they will be seen and responded to

also there seem to be a bunch of areas that pop up just to be there rather than because there is info that needs spun off into its own area because it is dominating a more general area, the fewer clicks to arrive at actual content the better and the less wasted the better

Dave the perpetual whiner and complainer

exCanuck

FartKnockerForum System Admin
GoldMember
Local time
5:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe the mobile version doesn't support signatures. I just checked on my phone too. We'll ask @exCanuck if there is a way to allow it.
As mentioned previously, there is no option to display signatures in mobile screen sizes with "out of the box" Xenforo.
Those members who are paying for signature ads should have their signatures displayed on all screen sizes.
I have just hacked the code to make it so.

Since phone usage accounts for 50% of our users here in FKF ("FartKnockerForum"), it's a value proposition. Buy a signature ad; it'll be shown to ALL users on all sized screens.

(Do you like that Red font @Gentleman ?)

exCanuck

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh wait, it didn't work. It works on minimizing the browser size when surfing with a desktop computer, but still not on the phone. Hold that thought! :cursing:

exCanuck

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh wait, it didn't work. It works on minimizing the browser size when surfing with a desktop computer, but still not on the phone. Hold that thought! :cursing:
Oh wait again. I checked the hack on my phone but was not logged in. Once logged in, I see that beautiful SIGNATURE> so, yes, yes it does work. Phew! :aplastao:

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A specific section for milling would be great.

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh wait again. I checked the hack on my phone but was not logged in. Once logged in, I see that beautiful SIGNATURE> so, yes, yes it does work. Phew! :aplastao:

Any way to shade the signature or put a line in? That way it doesn't look like a continuation of the post.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's what I was thinking. Doesn't seem forestry specific or chainsaw specific (with bandmills). There are already a few that could be moved in there. You da man though... no biggie.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
image.png

One small suggestion I have is when viewing a page, you need to scroll all the way to the bottom to go back to the section of the forum you were visiting. I do see that it's handy because you are at the bottom of the page anyway after reading.

But, most of the forums that option is at the top of the page. I get in the habit of scrolling back to the top when I am on a phone or iPad.

ctylerc1995

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
image.jpg
My suggestion was going to be to get these arrows off of the forum tab sub menu...
Then saw the bottom of the box you guys are talking about isn't there. I guess it's just hiding under the lighter blue menu with "watched forums, threads, new post ect."

Gentleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That will give @exCanuck something to do.
That's what I was thinking. Doesn't seem forestry specific or chainsaw specific (with bandmills). There are already a few that could be moved in there. You da man though... no biggie.
I made a milling section. Now start posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.