GoldMember
Local time
2:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Suggestion:
New sub forum in chainsaw section called: Saw Collection

Would be nice to get all the different chainsaw collection in one subforum, like the three threads thats already in chainsaws

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
2:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good suggestion.
thanks alot for making the sub forum :) I know people will post their saw collection, we already have Husqy 1,2,3 threads, later there will come Stihl etc etc.

Your guys have a bit thread moving in front, I would just make a sticky note in chainsaw forum when threads are getting moved to build, collection subforum, and let it loose after the work is done :)

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It would be cool to see a "saws by manufacturer" section with the sub section for each manufacturer. I know a lot of guys have saws of all makes. Sometimes asking a question about a decades old McCulloch will get buried in all of the talk about Husqvarna, Stihl, Dolmar, and so on.

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would suggest , Don't make too many sub-forums. That is the problem of other forums, especially the ones that have a different forum for each brand, no one is going to click on 15 different forums every day, and in the end, there is not much action on any of them....

Gentleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It would be cool to see a "saws by manufacturer" section with the sub section for each manufacturer. I know a lot of guys have saws of all makes. Sometimes asking a question about a decades old McCulloch will get buried in all of the talk about Husqvarna, Stihl, Dolmar, and so on.
We could add some thread prefixes for brands. When starting a thread the user could select a brand to appear in the title.
What does everyone think?

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We could add some thread prefixes for brands. When starting a thread the user could select a brand to appear in the title.
What does everyone think?
Sounds like a fanfuckingtastic idea to me. Only wish I had come up with it.

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think the prefix is necessary. It would probably get too complicated at some point. We can do what I was asking without creating anything new. One could simply start a thread like - "Let's see those old Mac's" or something of the sort. It will accomplish the same thing. It will just be in the main chainsaw forum. I suppose nothing is actually required to be changed or added to accomplish what I was thinking. When I get some of my mess ready, I will likely start such a thread or two. I may get beat to it though!

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am cool with whatever you all decide to do. There are just so many brands out there that some will have to be left out - or listed as "other"

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How about a trading forum? I know there is a swap meet thread....but
I was thinking about one where you post a picture of what you have for trade,titled just under the manufactures name.
That way it could get searched by make.Then add what you are looking for in a short description.
Some multipule people trades could take place.Example Person 1 sends 2 saws to person 2,who sends a big saw to person three who sends a ported saw to person 1.
Thomas

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On one of the MoPar sites I go to there is a Trade/swap/free section. You could do your drop down menu like you have for the saw by brand section.
How about a trading forum? I know there is a swap meet thread....but
I was thinking about one where you post a picture of what you have for trade,titled just under the manufactures name.
That way it could get searched by make.Then add what you are looking for in a short description.
Some multipule people trades could take place.Example Person 1 sends 2 saws to person 2,who sends a big saw to person three who sends a ported saw to person 1.
Thomas

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
7:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would like to be able to see my signature along with others on my phone. I would guess most people use there phone to view this site and members including sponsers signatures will never be seen!
Thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.