Another chainsaw dyno...

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are many different 362s. Before they offered them in M Tronic, the air filter system sucked. Then came the M Tron version (and a non M Tron version of the same configuration). Then came Ver II, which was over 1/2 lb lighter (in both M Tron and standard).

IMO, all of the ones after M Tron came out are VG, and the new ones (at about 12.5 lbs) are very light for a 60 cc saw.

Randy ported my M Tron Ver I, and it ran very well. However, I replaced it with a 462 ported by Randy (no regrets), and my Tree Guy loves my old 362.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are many different 362s. Before they offered them in M Tronic, the air filter system sucked. Then came the M Tron version (and a non M Tron version of the same configuration). Then came Ver II, which was over 1/2 lb lighter (in both M Tron and standard).

IMO, all of the ones after M Tron came out are VG, and the new ones (at about 12.5 lbs) are very light for a 60 cc saw.

Randy ported my M Tron Ver I, and it ran very well. However, I replaced it with a 462 ported by Randy (no regrets), and my Tree Guy loves my old 362.

Pretty sure it was a v2 I ran.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Idk. I port 361's
Never went all out on a 362. I
Who’s porting the 362’s? I have heard they’re fat and weak outta the box. I have no first hand knowledge
Just realized where I'm typing lol. I have all V1 saws currently. Moddified a good bit on one. The Mtron is still bone stock and ok with a 20" bar. It don't like the chain off a ported 361. The V2 sucked at first I thought. Should be better now. The usual mods get rid of sad factory porformance. Ignition limiters don't affect your in the cut work. My Mtron new style saw airfilter is crap imo. I like the V1 with the double air filter.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I had no idea the VII was that light!

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am looking forward to seeing a some really good 395’s and 661’s. I have never ran a 395, but am curious if any work saws are over 10hp, the 661’s seem to rpm really well, so am guessing on the dyno they will look better, but who knows?

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am looking forward to seeing a some really good 395’s and 661’s. I have never ran a 395, but am curious if any work saws are over 10hp, the 661’s seem to rpm really well, so am guessing on the dyno they will look better, but who knows?

They may do that. I’d like to see a 066 at 100 exhaust and one like I like at 94-95[emoji23]

ayoungtexan

I tell a lot of lies
Local time
2:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Idk. I port 361's
Never went all out on a 362. I
Just realized where I'm typing lol. I have all V1 saws currently. Moddified a good bit on one. The Mtron is still bone stock and ok with a 20" bar. It don't like the chain off a ported 361. The V2 sucked at first I thought. Should be better now. The usual mods get rid of sad factory porformance. Ignition limiters don't affect your in the cut work. My Mtron new style saw airfilter is crap imo. I like the V1 with the double air filter.
Do the 361’s gain a lot from porting. I ran a stock 361 on Saturday, and it impressed me for a 60cc saw. Seems that a ported one would be even better

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve got everything that these last few posts are talking about ........ but shipping everything there and back

:confused:

I'll donate the dyno time....

If you want to share the results is

Issue #1

And shipping is the biggest hurdle with this whole deal.

I'm sure it is all of 50$ per box each way...

So 300$ would get close to answering these questions...

Lol

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Issue #1

Lol
Ported & stock 661 & 395 ........
Shipping is going to be crazy by the time they’re back . Road trip isn’t an option for me as I’m about to have my states’ governor hold a press conference in my new building announcing that NY is open for business (been saying that the opening of the building and him announcing that the state is open will happen at the same time/place since this corona crap started). Plus 4 kids (18-6), and a looong “honey-do” list ............ see my predicament ?

BUT....... I do appreciate the snot outta your willingness to donate your time messin with them on the dyno

If anyone from near me is going to be at your GTG ............

Last edited:

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Issue #1

Lol
50? More like 80 dollars per box one way. He would be 320 dollars deep getting the saws there and home.