srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
11:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats what I thought too, but this 394 crank had the number 501814902 whilst the 288 crank ended in 01.

That's good info. I'll have to check the cranks I have laying around. I wonder how much bigger the case was for that larger crank.

stihl here

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea, there are some problems with the listing and I can use my throttle arm if needed.
If I get a good tank I'll be happy.
The title says "Husqvarna Genuine OEM Part Tank Cpl 501809105"
That's got to mean something.
Will post the outcome of this.
Tank never arrived. According to the tracking info, I don't think it ever left their facility. They wouldn't respond to a message so I filed a claim and got a refund this morning. They are all showing to be out of stock now so if any of you guys bought one, hope you had better luck than I did.

decableguy2000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tank never arrived. According to the tracking info, I don't think it ever left their facility. They wouldn't respond to a message so I filed a claim and got a refund this morning. They are all showing to be out of stock now so if any of you guys bought one, hope you had better luck than I did.

That sucks. I bought one in the same condition a while ago from a different vendor on Ebay. Arrived and worked great. Needed to change the broken throttle arm out anyway since it was going on a 181.

NightRogue

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now, for general interest, although you can use a 288 crank in a 394, you can't go the other way around as the 394 crank measures 69mm over the lobes compared to 68mm for the 288. My only 288 crank had a suspect big end but I had a very good 394 crank... the solution was to relieve the cases:
View attachment 277027
I was told by my dealer early 394 did have the bigger counter weight crank, he did show me the 1mm difference. Apparently the bigger crank should put out more tq, he has done it before. They had to mill the case for clearance, your saw will be a beast

Sent from my INE-LX2r using Tapatalk

stihl here

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wanta guess what showed up in my mailbox today? It is a new, useable OEM tank part # 501 809 105, with a broken throttle lever. It hadn't been scanned anywhere since January 4th.
I called the company in Indiana to settle up with them since my money had been refunded through feebay, and the guy knocked off $20 for the broken throttle. I'm happy

Last edited: