572xpg vs 500i

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
3:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The system definitely stores settings, the Mtronic system does as well.
I understand they store settings from last time all I was saying it’s not like they have a battery in them and when you push the primer it automatically sets rich and injects fuel so it starts on first pull. My fusion stores setting too and will start one pull when warm but takes 2-3 when cold because you need to generate enough energy to set the injection because no battery. The tree service 500 only gets primed when cold. Even after sitting 45 it still starts without

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I understand they store settings from last time all I was saying it’s not like they have a battery in them and when you push the primer it automatically sets rich and injects fuel so it starts on first pull. My fusion stores setting too and will start one pull when warm but takes 2-3 when cold because you need to generate enough energy to set the injection because no battery. The tree service 500 only gets primed when cold. Even after sitting 45 it still starts without

OK right that makes sense, and I agree.
:beer-toast1:

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn’t meant to come of like I’m arguing just trying to explain what I meant to everyone because sometimes it’s hard to convey your thoughts in writing.

I didn't take it that way at all, I saw it as you sharing good info. But yes a lot can get lost in writing.

woodfarmer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So today I had the chance to run a new 572. The weight between it and my 562 wasn’t even noticeable especially in the cut. It has more low end torque then I imagined. Feels like the low end of a Stihl with the speed of a Husky. I have yet to run a 462 or the 500i.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So today I had the chance to run a new 572. The weight between it and my 562 wasn’t even noticeable especially in the cut. It has more low end torque then I imagined. Feels like the low end of a Stihl with the speed of a Husky. I have yet to run a 462 or the 500i.
500i is a boss of a saw, pretty fond of ours at work. Id like to tell you its better than a 572, but my 572 was tooled up out the gate.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s why I traded my last 562 for a 572. That and the aggravation of hot start problems of the 562 that wasn’t upgraded like the 572 and 550mk2.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wish the 572 problems never arose. Got one nib. Along with 550 mk2. Now not sure if I wanna fuel them or sell them lol. They had a decent reputation for a while.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nothing wrong w 572, spike has sold a pile of them and not any issues, I trust his word and my 2 local shops as well have sold a bunch, 1 had issues but that's it.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What problems have you witnessed or heard of ?
Good friend owns a busy tree service, runs 3-572's, one lost it's software and dealer re-flashed it, good to go, no charge. Asked tech if he had seen that before, replied this one and another. He had seen three come back with crank side bearing toasted, his comment was, this is what happens when they run cheap oil, bad ratios and they think we cannot tell how it was used. Talked with owner when 572 first came out and said he sold over 190 in first 3 weeks. I have narrowed my saws down to one 572, 550mk2 and one ugly ported 372oe.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it’s an xpg heated saw I might be interested too. I have two normal ones already in the rotation.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
1:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So what's the deal with this over sensitive 6203 pto bearing on the 572. I know for a fact, this bearing size, in the C3 fashion line, can withstand serious abuse. When I first started sawing, some older fellers cut with 2100's, yes they were dated, the governors had been blocked, and both them saws never "4 stroked" out of the wood. Another fact is they ran long bars, 42 inch and larger, .404 chain and keeping them tight so they don't throw. And lastly, they used normal low octane fuel and tcw3 k-
mart mix oil because they burnt 3 to 4 gallons a day.
Well the ole 2100 uses 6203 c3 bearings, what gives? Those nylon cages?

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On that note, personally I've seen a pile of 285, 298, 1100, 2100, 2101 saws with trashed big end con rod bearing failures than main bearing failures. Results might vary, just telling it how it is from my point of view. Main bearing failure on the 572, with those bearings was the last thing I would expect, am I wrong?

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now talking 372xp, the oe model to be specific, usually lost the big end con rod bearing from poor oil, lack of oil, or ran too lean. Back when the 575xp came out, main bearings failure was really bad, turned out to be improper installation causing preload and binding. Time will tell us what's really going on here. Locally I've heard of 2 main bearing failures on 572, both are commercial saws and under warranty still. That crew I know is hard on equipment, but they also run a fleet of other saws on the same gas and husky mix, and they are still running.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
3:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So what's the deal with this over sensitive 6203 pto bearing on the 572. I know for a fact, this bearing size, in the C3 fashion line, can withstand serious abuse. When I first started sawing, some older fellers cut with 2100's, yes they were dated, the governors had been blocked, and both them saws never "4 stroked" out of the wood. Another fact is they ran long bars, 42 inch and larger, .404 chain and keeping them tight so they don't throw. And lastly, they used normal low octane fuel and tcw3 k-
mart mix oil because they burnt 3 to 4 gallons a day.
Well the ole 2100 uses 6203 c3 bearings, what gives? Those nylon cages?
On that note, personally I've seen a pile of 285, 298, 1100, 2100, 2101 saws with trashed big end con rod bearing failures than main bearing failures. Results might vary, just telling it how it is from my point of view. Main bearing failure on the 572, with those bearings was the last thing I would expect, am I wrong?
Now talking 372xp, the oe model to be specific, usually lost the big end con rod bearing from poor oil, lack of oil, or ran too lean. Back when the 575xp came out, main bearings failure was really bad, turned out to be improper installation causing preload and binding. Time will tell us what's really going on here. Locally I've heard of 2 main bearing failures on 572, both are commercial saws and under warranty still. That crew I know is hard on equipment, but they also run a fleet of other saws on the same gas and husky mix, and they are still running.

The crankcase is not large enough to absorb heat from running a dull chain, at least this is my finding in the 550/562 saw's. Seeing the 572 is just a bigger version of this I would expect much the same. If the sawyer stops and changes or sharpens his/her chain, there is no problem with the "500" series of saws. If not and the sawyer just pushes harder to compensate, the bar heats up dramatically and the extra heat generated is soaked into the bar pad. What's right next to the bar pad? The main bearing with plastic cage that melts and is digested by the saw. Then without the cage to separate the bearing balls, they end up all together and the crankshaft is allowed to walk out of alignment. This will take out the seal and cause an air leak, which the carburetor will try to compensate for until it is giving all it can and can not supply enough fuel any longer, now the saw is in a lean run condition. If the sawyer notices and stops here no further harm will come. If he/she continues to try and run the saw the top end will eventually burn up too. At this point the entire saw is blown and the operator is blaming the saw, for what he/she did.
Which is why I tell anyone getting a new "500" series saw that they absolutely will blow it up if they run it with a dull chain and ham handing it. So if you're the type of person that likes to turn the bar metal blue, this saw isn't for you.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just what's been mentioned here on the site. Some bearing issues, some quality control issues, some software issues. Still bothers me a bit that a husky needs a dealer for certain repairs where stihl you can fix yourself. I'm s diy kinda guy for the most part. I'm probably jumping the gun a bit I guess. It's probably a good saw. And yes...it is a XPG, nib, also have a west coast kit for it nib. My 550 mk2 is also a XPG nib. Was going to be me new "2 saw plan" haha yeah right is that possible?

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good point, I never think about using a saw with a dull chain. Im not sure if that local outfit was using those 572 in a landing or what, I will ask this week.