WindsorLC33

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey! So I have a used 572xp that is over fueling. I thought possibly an air leak in the crankcase or somewhere. No leaks. Pressure and vacuum tested the carburetor. The nozzle is leaking... Won't hold either pressure or vacuum from the purge bulb side, can hear it coming out of the nozzle. What are my options? Replace nozzle or just buy a whole new carburetor? If I buy a new carburetor can I just take the "brain" off of the existing carburetor and put it on the new one without having issues or having to reprogram?

Thank you
Steve

Last edited:

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t think the nozzle is available separately. But I’d think a nozzle from another carb would work if the length, hole arrangement, and OD are the same

WindsorLC33

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t think the nozzle is available separately. But I’d think a nozzle from another carb would work if the length, hole arrangement, and OD are the same
That sounds like it might be a challenge to find... Unless I came across a junk 572 carburetor?

We have some long sleeve t shirts ordered. They should've been done this week. Waiting for one to send out.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If next week will work, I’ll dig out a 572 and size up the nozzle and see about a replacement

WindsorLC33

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If next week will work, I’ll dig out a 572 and size up the nozzle and see about a replacement
That would be awesome! thank you! I appreciate it. Is the nozzle pressed in?

Fullkip

Timber Faller/Saw Porter/Hunting Guide
Local time
5:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The nozzles are pressed in so you can change them. Use a drift just under nozzle dia. Make sure to clock them like the old ones were set up. Make sure and vac and pressure test after installation. Be sure to clear any codes.
I believe what causes them to fail are fines.
Pay close attention to the fuel filter, if any discolorathhhh
ang