Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I read through that thread, didn't ask you directly thinking things weren't shown to keep them proprietary.

Thanks for searching again.

Excited to see what everyone starts coming up with now that the saws are in more hands.

I intended to do a detailed thread on the 572, and the 462......but lost all the picture I had for both of them.

Then......I decided that doing threads was a pain in the ass.

r black

STIHLAHUSKYLOVER
Local time
8:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s funny the stuff we talk about. The saw is soo good that all we have to currently *b-word about is a wiggly lever.

FYI: my saw is an EU model and 8months old. The lever also wiggles side to side, a little more play then the 562 (2017); but even the 562 has side to side play. It is of no concern. I’ll take some photos, now I’m curious if they may have changed molds between last year and now.

If we really want to nerd into this then we have to start comparing plastic mold dates on the tanks.

Anyone have some muffler mod pics they would like to share?
my levers are just fine fyi

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
10:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
C4A409B6-8A39-44DD-AAB5-02B5E8CF75C8.jpeg DE9ABF5C-C907-4641-BDC8-71CB60C1FCCE.jpeg

I really wonder if there is a break in period programmed into the firmware.
Husqvarna rep left the 572 last week. We’ll have it for 3-4 weeks. Got a chance to run it yesterday. As with any AT or M-Tronic I made three 20” cuts with a steady FIRM load to maximize the fuel settings. After I came out of the last cut, I pinned the throttle. It should have bounced off the rev limiter but didn’t. Also during the second and third cut I didn’t feel that little rush of heat on my left hand as it leans out looking for max RPM and settles back into an acceptable heat to RPM fuel setting. Saw has approximately 5 tanks through it. I didn’t hook it up to the Service Tool, shop manager was hogging the computer. Do I think it has a built in break in period, YES. During the test cuts it felt like it was holding back a little sumptin’. Don’t get me wrong....the saw ran great.

That being said, my “testing” ain’t that scientific. I’ll run it again next week after some more run time on it. Its been issued to one of the crews. They love it. The saw performed flawlessly but I only ran about a half a tank through it. And yes the top cover is a tight fit especially around the primer bulb. Had no issue with the operator presence lever

Rich

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 169221 View attachment 169222

Husqvarna rep left the 572 last week. We’ll have it for 3-4 weeks. Got a chance to run it yesterday. As with any AT or M-Tronic I made three 20” cuts with a steady FIRM load to maximize the fuel settings. After I came out of the last cut, I pinned the throttle. It should have bounced off the rev limiter but didn’t. Also during the second and third cut I didn’t feel that little rush of heat on my left hand as it leans out looking for max RPM and settles back into an acceptable heat to RPM fuel setting. Saw has approximately 5 tanks through it. I didn’t hook it up to the Service Tool, shop manager was hogging the computer. Do I think it has a built in break in period, YES. During the test cuts it felt like it was holding back a little sumptin’. Don’t get me wrong....the saw ran great.

That being said, my “testing” ain’t that scientific. I’ll run it again next week after some more run time on it. Its been issued to one of the crews. They love it. The saw performed flawlessly but I only ran about a half a tank through it. And yes the top cover is a tight fit especially around the primer bulb. Had no issue with the operator presence lever

Rich
Might not be scientific but your test sure sounds like it’s based in experience. Good write up.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Maybe there is , maybe there is not , some sort of cleaver system working during a brake in with the 572 . If there is then Husqvarna would be missing a good "PR opportunity" IMO.....if they didn't make at least some mention of it to perspective customers one way or another. Would help show how there trying to build in thoughtful design and a eye on longevity with the 572

Jetmd

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Smithville, MO..Born in Iowa by the grace of God
Country flag
I intended to do a detailed thread on the 572, and the 462......but lost all the picture I had for both of them.

Then......I decided that doing threads was a pain in the ass.

Do it Randy!

I for one feel your build threads are very education, informative and at the very least entertaining!

I know it is a pain for you but I will publicly state I enjoy them!!

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

panolo

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I really wonder if there is a break in period programmed into the firmware.

This was very common in the 2 stroke power sport and marine industry. Much of it unpublished but acknowledged by the engineers if you got them away from the office.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We think of break in period in tanks run through the saw cause they are easiest to count. Husky measures it by run time in hours, which they list as 3-4. This goes way back to the 200 series saws for which they always recommended running them at break in RPM's, typically 600-700 less during the break in period. They suggested this for both new saws and rebuilt saws. Some food for thought there for guys who do builds/projects on these older saws and then go right to the max RPM's on the first tank. ;)

So, the theory that AT is doing this is likely correct. The AT module does keep tract of run time in hours, minutes and seconds. Also, I lent out a 565 demo to a logger to run 10 thanks through it, and the total run time when he brought it back was around 4 hours. Kind of all adds up, doesn't it? :)