572 updates

ferris

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went down to the dealer today, handled them both side by side.
Couldn't tell the weight difference, 20'' bars, Stihl was nose heavy, bar went to the floor. Husky felt just like my 372's. I came away without buying, it was hard!
Standart stihl bar?
Or the light version?
With only the powerheads, i can feel the difference

r black

STIHLAHUSKYLOVER
Local time
2:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got mine today too looks good overall.

How is the operator presence lever? mine is a bit wonky I have to say. It has quite a big gap and moves side to side, and down a bit too much IMHO. The orange plastic side of the handle does have a very sharp edge to it. I'm going to take my Dremel and around it over pretty good. No big deal, can't wait to run the saw as soon as I feel up to it.
lever on mine is centered and operates fine ..no side movement..does have a few sharp edges on the orange rear handle ..ALL good NO complaints here..

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
lever on mine is centered and operates fine ..no side movement..does have a few sharp edges on the orange rear handle ..ALL good NO complaints here..

It’s funny the stuff we talk about. The saw is soo good that all we have to currently *b-word about is a wiggly lever.

FYI: my saw is an EU model and 8months old. The lever also wiggles side to side, a little more play then the 562 (2017); but even the 562 has side to side play. It is of no concern. I’ll take some photos, now I’m curious if they may have changed molds between last year and now.

If we really want to nerd into this then we have to start comparing plastic mold dates on the tanks.

Anyone have some muffler mod pics they would like to share?

shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s funny the stuff we talk about. The saw is soo good that all we have to currently *b-word about is a wiggly lever.

FYI: my saw is an EU model and 8months old. The lever also wiggles side to side, a little more play then the 562 (2017); but even the 562 has side to side play. It is of no concern. I’ll take some photos, now I’m curious if they may have changed molds between last year and now.

If we really want to nerd into this then we have to start comparing plastic mold dates on the tanks.

Anyone have some muffler mod pics they would like to share?

So where do we find the mold dates?

:D

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a call from the saw shop today. They diagnosed the 1st 572 today. He said it had error codes that would normally indicate an air leak but it passed pressure/vac test fine so they figured it wasn't getting fuel correctly. Blew through fuel lines and found one was restricted. Replaced lines, reset it and said it seems to be fine now. He also noted that the choke arm was installed incorrectly into the master control but didn't seem to affect the operation.

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

[\QUOTE]
My complaint wasn't so much the wiggly lever but the byproduct of it. Both the ones I've had wiggled enough that sometimes the throttle trigger and op lever hit each other and bind up.

shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a call from the saw shop today. They diagnosed the 1st 572 today. He said it had error codes that would normally indicate an air leak but it passed pressure/vac test fine so they figured it wasn't getting fuel correctly. Blew through fuel lines and found one was restricted. Replaced lines, reset it and said it seems to be fine now. He also noted that the choke arm was installed incorrectly into the master control but didn't seem to affect the operation.

Cool, I hate mysteries.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like you got yourself a good competent dealer. Awesome of them to share such details with you.

thesawincanada

For the love of saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You guys are great. It’s really good to hear the truth on these saws. No sugar or candy coated, bs. Peel back the Vaneer and show the true wood. Good to see you have a good dealer for service, who actually diagnosed the saw properly and also knew and found an incorrect installed factory part. Best part is he gave feed back on what the defects were and the fixes. Hard to find a dealer who has good service department now a days.

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry Larry. I don't have any. I remember now.....I had a bunch of 572 pics on my phone and lost them when I reset it. That's what killed my 572 thread. :(

I read through that thread, didn't ask you directly thinking things weren't shown to keep them proprietary.

Thanks for searching again.

Excited to see what everyone starts coming up with now that the saws are in more hands.

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
3:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Couldn't tell the weight difference, 20'' bars, Stihl was nose heavy, bar went to the floor. Husky felt just like my 372's. I came away without buying, it was hard!
Wife chastised me fer driving 100 miles rd. trip & not buying a saw, so I called today & had one put away for me.
First 572 sold by Minneapolis saw. Probably pick it up Thurs.