High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

572 updates

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'd about guarantee there is set number of hours of runtime for break in before the AT turns up the wick. Way I see it, if the AT can keep track of engine hours, starts, tracks RPM etc, it makes perfect sense to me that there would be a break in period built right into the AT system...say about three hours of operation. Running the rough math on that, it should be around 9-10 tanks of fuel depending on the circumstances. After that set mile marker in engine hours is reached, AT starts optimizing combustion mixture for emissions and as a side effect, performance increases and the thing comes to life. Goes without saying I would think the same things apply to a Stihl with M-Tronic

I know my old school carbed saws "wake up" the most once I start twisting on the screws, not so much when I feel like the ring/rings have seated.

Last edited:

shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure why sharing my actual, honest, albeit negative initial impression of a saw I bought and paid for is so hard to digest. If I'd have posted how it's awesomeness was out of this world, nobody would have questioned that.

Snippage.

Fwiw(lol): I spent no less than a half hour today fixing the presence lever on my uber cool new 572 so it doesn't bind on the throttle trigger. The opening in the tank is made too wide and it lets the op lever float around and the trigger will hit it if not centered. After modifying the mounting post and shimming the op lever with a piece of fuel hose to limit the travel it now actually feels smooth like my 550/562. Woot! Woot!

You wouldn’t happen to have a picture or two to share would you?

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd about guarantee there is set number of hours of runtime for break in before the AT turns up the wick. Way I see it, if the AT can keep track of engine hours, starts, tracks RPM etc, it makes perfect sense to me that there would be a break in period built right into the AT system...say about three hours of operation. Running the rough math on that, it should be around 9-10 tanks of fuel depending on the circumstances. After that set mile marker in engine hours is reached, AT starts optimizing combustion mixture for emissions and as a side effect, performance increases and the thing comes to life. Goes without saying I would think the same things apply to a Stihl with M-Tronic

I know my old school carbed saws "wake up" the most once I start twisting on the screws, not so much when I feel like the ring/rings have seated.

I don't know. My father in-law's 261 took around 8 tanks to wake up. My screwdriver didn't care how many hours was on it.

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You wouldn’t happen to have a picture or two to share would you?

I took a few. If I can figure out how to get them uploaded I'd be happy to share. My phone screen only functions on the bottom half so I can't click the button in the upper right corner to select the file to upload.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shouldn't matter on Tapatalk as the add file button is on the bottom left. Scroll down hit Photos, Files and add the pic. Easy peasy.[emoji106]

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't have tapatalk. I can get the whole way through til the picture selection and that screen won't rotate when I turn my phone sideways so I can't click the "done" button that is in the upper right corner. I'll try to get the pictures on a different device and get them posted later tonight.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really wonder if there is a break in period programmed into the firmware.

Gave some thought to that yesterday. Only 2 ways come to my mind on how they'd try that. Either more fuel, or less RPM's during a break in period. From what I've seen, the R's are still there. We measure break in by tanks, cause that's what easiest for us to count. But Husky thinks in terms of hours/run time. And as you know, they track hours minutes and seconds on those AY carbs. You got any ideas?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m gonna take a guess it’s like any other saw, takes some run time to free up the new bottom end, bearings and seals. Not just the p/c like many mention. I wonder if the tolerances are tighter in the 572 vs previous saws?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gave some thought to that yesterday. Only 2 ways come to my mind on how they'd try that. Either more fuel, or less RPM's during a break in period. From what I've seen, the R's are still there. We measure break in by tanks, cause that's what easiest for us to count. But Husky thinks in terms of hours/run time. And as you know, they track hours minutes and seconds on those AY carbs. You got any ideas?

I'd bet IF they did that it would be a combination of fuel and ignition timing.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m gonna take a guess it’s like any other saw, takes some run time to free up the new bottom end, bearings and seals. Not just the p/c like many mention. I wonder if the tolerances are tighter in the 572 vs previous saws?
Every brand new saw that I've ran took 10 tanks to start really waking up, so who knows. Every now and then you get a saw that's really free from the get-go.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They say the 572 has a “soft” rev limiter in some of the videos, pardon my stupidity... but what do they mean by that? Must be different than “rev boost”?

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They say the 572 has a “soft” rev limiter in some of the videos, pardon my stupidity... but what do they mean by that? Must be different than “rev boost”?
From what I can gather from all the videos, it protects the saw from hot and lean conditions. Basically it prevents the saw from damaging itself. I would imagine it limits RPMs and probably dumps in a lot of fuel.

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went down to the dealer today, handled them both side by side.
Couldn't tell the weight difference, 20'' bars, Stihl was nose heavy, bar went to the floor. Husky felt just like my 372's. I came away without buying, it was hard!

MontanaTed

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Went down to the dealer today, handled them both side by side.
Couldn't tell the weight difference, 20'' bars, Stihl was nose heavy, bar went to the floor. Husky felt just like my 372's. I came away without buying, it was hard!

Your self restraint is admirable.