High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

555/562xp 565/572xp

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Staring a new thread to see the differences between the XP versions vs non XP. Looks like returning the 562xp and looking for a new saw.

Firewood upto 24" elm and maple for personal use maybe 6 cords a year.

I have an old ms250 and I thought the 562xp I had was going to work but from my other thread its been a disaster so looking for options.

pwheel

Finis Origine Pendet
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 572xp would be overkill. Why not ask the dealer about a bulletproof saw for your purposes? Or, if you have a mind for motors and wrenching, why not look for a 372xp in good shape? Legendary design and easy to work on with plenty of parts available. Check out Spike60 and afleetcommand videos on YouTube for lots of info about Husqvarna saws.

Last edited:

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You legally have the right to get your money back & buy exactly what you want. Don't forget that.

Spladle160

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You legally have the right to get your money back & buy exactly what you want. Don't forget that.

Sorry but can you expand on this? In most states in the US there is a 3 day right to return on most things in most instances. There is also what we call a lemon law on things like cars but you have to be able to prove the product failed in XYZ ways and it's only applicable to specific products. I see your down under and the OP is up yonder. What's the background behind your statement? purely to appease my curiosity if you don't mind.

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The 572xp would be overkill. Why not ask the dealer about a bulletproof saw for your purposes? Or, if you have a mind for motors and wrenching, why not look for a 372xp in good shape? Legendary design and easy to work on with plenty of parts available. Check out Spike60 and afleetcommand videos on YouTube for lots of info about Husqvarna saws.

Yes, the problem is the dealer as i am finding out has the husqvarna line but is not that familiar with their products ( chainsaws ) at least. I asked about the differences before posting here and they thought the 555/565 wasn't AT and just stated displacement was the difference after checking the catalog.

Unfortunately I don't have the ability or time to find an older saw and fix it up. it's too bad really as the 562xp worked great when it worked.

I asked about the 555/565 as they were the closest in price point to what I paid which was 800 for the 562xp but am looking for advice

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think the dealer will do the right thing if it comes to that. we are in a small town and have known them for a long time.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, the problem is the dealer as i am finding out has the husqvarna line but is not that familiar with their products ( chainsaws ) at least. I asked about the differences before posting here and they thought the 555/565 wasn't AT and just stated displacement was the difference after checking the catalog.

Unfortunately I don't have the ability or time to find an older saw and fix it up. it's too bad really as the 562xp worked great when it worked.

I asked about the 555/565 as they were the closest in price point to what I paid which was 800 for the 562xp but am looking for advice

555 and the 565 are AutoTune saws. The 555 is 562 with a small mount bar pattern. The 565 is a slightly detuned 572, you might as well spend the extra $$ and get the 572's power as they are the same weight/size.

You might have better luck with the 565/572 as they are the second generation of AutoTune which may work better for your application where you are having to hot start the saw often.

Also the 550 MK2 has the second generation of AutoTune.

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
555 and the 565 are AutoTune saws. The 555 is 562 with a small mount bar pattern. The 565 is a slightly detuned 572, you might as well spend the extra $$ and get the 572's power as they are the same weight/size.

You might have better luck with the 565/572 as they are the second generation of AutoTune which may work better for your application where you are having to hot start the saw often.

Thanks for the info, I'm looking for them to do an exchange, I won't be paying more for another saw. I think I got a deal on the 562xp as they are 1k here, the version they sold me was the 2017 albeit new.

The 565 here is 1k also , so figured the dealer cost ws close to what I paid for the 562xp.

Just confirming, the 565 is 2nd gen? Could you explain the diff between 1st and 2nd gen .
Thanks.

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the info, I'm looking for them to do an exchange, I won't be paying more for another saw. I think I got a deal on the 562xp as they are 1k here, the version they sold me was the 2017 albeit new.

The 565 here is 1k also , so figured the dealer cost ws close to what I paid for the 562xp.

Just confirming, the 565 is 2nd gen? Could you explain the diff between 1st and 2nd gen .
Thanks.

Yes the 565/572 are 2nd gen. which is supposed to make adjustments 10 times faster as well as have other improvements to the software in the 562.

Your 562 being a 2017 might be some of the problem you are having? Can you read the number on the side of the carb? The EL48 model is the best to have but I'm not sure when they made the switch to it. The carb models before that are the EL46 and EL44.

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes the 565/572 are 2nd gen. which is supposed to make adjustments 10 times faster as well as have other improvements to the software in the 562.

Your 562 being a 2017 might be some of the problem you are having? Can you read the number on the side of the carb? The EL48 model is the best to have but I'm not sure when they made the switch to it. The carb models before that are the EL46 and EL44.

It was an EL44 which they switched out for the newest carb Zamaxxx I think. They then tried to set the autotune 3-5 mins , put it back on the diag. and the low setting was 12. They called Husqvarna and were told air leak at which point I said i was done with the saw. It has all of 3 hrs on it and been in the shop since June 20th

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was an EL44 which they switched out for the newest carb Zamaxxx I think. They then tried to set the autotune 3-5 mins , put it back on the diag. and the low setting was 12. They called Husqvarna and were told air leak at which point I said i was done with the saw. It has all of 3 hrs on it and been in the shop since June 20th

Probably a transfer cap seal that is leaking.

To put the newer carb on I think they would have had to change the coil out too. The EL44 had a real problem with off throttle stalling.

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Probably a transfer cap seal that is leaking.

To put the newer carb on I think they would have had to change the coil out too. The EL44 had a real problem with off throttle stalling.

They didn't mention that. They have a mechanic that comes in. he basically ran the saw when it was cold and said nothing is wrong.

Guy that runs the place tried to start it after running it and it was a no go. From reading here and online videos that were mentioned I have basically been letting him know what may be the issue.

I suppose i should just ask him to swap it for the 565 and be done with it. He is supposed to be calling husqvarna to see if they will swap it for the 572xp but I think this would more likely be his decision from a dealer standpoint.

pwheel

Finis Origine Pendet
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My concern is that the 572xp's dependability has be documented six ways to Sunday while I haven't heard or seen very much about the 565. Maybe others have more experience to share.

Last edited:

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My concern is that the 572xp's dependability has be documented six ways to Sunday while I haven't heard or seen very much about the 565. Maybe others have more experience to share.

They are the same saw for the most part but the 565 is detuned with restrictive transfer caps and probably a little different tuning. For the minimal price difference everyone just goes for the 572.

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
They are the same saw for the most part but the 565 is detuned with restrictive transfer caps and probably a little different tuning. For the minimal price difference everyone just goes for the 572.
That price difference here is close to $300. I believe it sells for $1279. Welcome to a crappy Canadian Loonie !!!

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I agree! I have heard nothing but good things. If anyone has anything bad to say about the 565/572 please post!

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That price difference here is close to $300. I believe it sells for $1279. Welcome to a crappy Canadian Loonie !!!

Where in canada are you?
I live in alberta and the place i go has very good

dquest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Where in canada are you?
I live in alberta and the place i go has very good

I'm in Ontario. been looking online and a few spots have free delivery but the longer i wait the less likely any of the "last years models " will be around.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry but can you expand on this? In most states in the US there is a 3 day right to return on most things in most instances. There is also what we call a lemon law on things like cars but you have to be able to prove the product failed in XYZ ways and it's only applicable to specific products. I see your down under and the OP is up yonder. What's the background behind your statement? purely to appease my curiosity if you don't mind.

i worked retail for 9 years spladle has a point.
Here you do not have the right to return something, it is store policy that dictates what you can do in regards to returns.
A saw shop that is going to take a saw back for a full refund letting you exchange for something else is a place I would shop at!

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
550mkII is a really good saw even stock, and you can swap the .325 rim for a 3/8 with the right tools. It may be slow in 24" wood though, but definitely has a great power to weight ration even without modifications. If light is what you need and will mostly cut 20" and smaller then I'd choose the 550mkII.

The 500i I think does suffer from vapor lock, but has a primer bulb specially for that, something like 3 pumps before starting clears the vapor lock, and it's often a 1 pull hot start.