Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"Copied" would imply that I made mine from his... which wasn't the case. However, his tool did motivate me to make my own... why? I live paycheck to paycheck... if I can make it, I'm going to make... that's how I have always been. Truth be told, I have less than $50 in my tool, start to finish. Hell, I give praise and tell others to buy Shawn's tool. I tell them that he has an awesome product and for the price that he asks for it, you simply can not beat it! Its literally the Best bang for the buck when buying online.
But, If you want to cast stones and call me suspect or call me a troll... that's fine, i dont hold it against you or anybody for that matter... I'm sure y'all probably have your reasons for doing so... all good in my book. Time will dictate the truth and prove whether you are correct or incorrect, right? Until then, My skin is a bit thick. 🤣 Being Scottish/German and serving in the Navy for almost half my life, I like "fun" and banter... lol

I'm not calling you a troll. I said you seemed to be here trolling for work from our members. To just show up, and do that throws up all sorts of red flags. I never read a single post of yours until yesterday. And I only did because several of our members told me that they were picking up bad vibes from you.

Back to Shawn's tool. You said it was his creation that motivated you to make your own. Yet you felt compelled to wade in here and start a thread on doing so. Like "Hey, look what I have done" with no mention of where you got the idea until someone mentioned him.

Surely you can see where that was poor form....even for a Navy guy.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
3:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"Surely you can see where that was poor form....even for a Navy guy"
Point taken. Looking through thr glass from that perspective, I'll agree that it looks to sit a bit sideways and questionable. Lol. But, those weren't and aren't my intentions. Time will dictate why I am here. I can repeat why i am here over and over but too many people just run their mouths... so, I'll continue to post the few pics I have, insert videos and start documenting my builds and post them for feed back from you more experienced porters.
Here's a little insight of my character... and you can question it now... but, in a year or two or 10... you won't.
I've had money, ive been poor and lived out in the streets... I've done drugs, hung out with some really bad dudes I was facing 7yrs of prison... judge said 4yrs military services or go to jail... I cleaned myself up, got educated, started boxing and working out, became a personal trainer and thwn off to the service... those 4yrs turned into Just shy of 14yrs... got divorced and custody of my 3 boys moved back to CNY... got into racing, thay became too expensive so I started playing with chainsaws because my buddies own logging businesses... they have a pile of saws from the last 30yrs so i asked if i could tinker on them... they said, take them! I did, and now, ive been playing with saws for approximately 1yr. I've probably built 50+ saws... ive built some duds, and ive built some absolute animals... and here is the kicker, I don't charge people, with the exception of the parts purchased. I argue with people not to give me money... but the most common line I hear "I can't let you do it for nothing, your time is worth something"...
Sure it is... I'm doing something I enjoy and I am learning... that's worth more to me than money.
Time dictates all...

Breakfast time.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@tree monkey and @huskihl have way more experience than myself with the 500i, not that I'm incapable, but that's the truth of the matter.
Seeing as this thread was brought back up to the top...
At the time of this writing last year I was up to my ears in saws and did not relish the thought of taking the extra time with more. I have since rectified the situation and did catch up as well as get more familiar with the 500i and would be happy to build more, that I would be not only proud to put my name on, as well as anyone would be as proud to own.
Just thought I would mention this.
Now back to your regular scheduled programming. :)