500i Porting

Trader history (0)

..X..

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Thinking about getting my 500i ported. Is there anyone close to Wisconsin that does porting on the 500i?

Thanks

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
12:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've done (4) 500i "Hybrids". I'm located in Central NY.
In Stock form, I'm not a fan of the 500s... not a fan of a Stock 400 or the 462 either... here shortly I'll be playing with a 661... I'm hoping this 661 will change my mind on the newer stihls... I think I'll stick with the 461 as my go to saw. Lol

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've done (4) 500i "Hybrids". I'm located in Central NY.
In Stock form, I'm not a fan of the 500s... not a fan of a Stock 400 or the 462 either... here shortly I'll be playing with a 661... I'm hoping this 661 will change my mind on the newer stihls... I think I'll stick with the 461 as my go to saw. Lol
Just a suggestion....before you start trying to sell port work on this site, it would be a good idea to put together a few build threads showing your work. @Mastermind, what else would you suggest?

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a suggestion....before you start trying to sell port work on this site, it would be a good idea to put together a few build threads showing your work. @Mastermind, what else would you suggest?
I get it... I was stating I have built 500s... They're a relatively simple saw to build and they're kinda hard to mess up. With thay said, anyone can mess up a saw, some are just more forgiving than others. I haven't photographed much of my work... as I typically filmed it and posted it to YT. Then I deleted over 150 videos plus shorts... and here I am, playing with saws again. 😅 Now that I am attached to a forum, I'll be conscious about snapping pics and showing the process as well as my work. 😉

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get it... I was stating I have built 500s... They're a relatively simple saw to build and they're kinda hard to mess up. With thay said, anyone can mess up a saw, some are just more forgiving than others. I haven't photographed much of my work... as I typically filmed it and posted it to YT. Then I deleted over 150 videos plus shorts... and here I am, playing with saws again. 😅 Now that I am attached to a forum, I'll be conscious about snapping pics and showing the process as well as my work. 😉
None of us here know you from Adam. So you need to put up some examples of your work, or stop trolling the members of this forum for work.

Clear?

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What is considered central NY? I'm in Berkshire County MA...

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

You should do a build thread on something. Maybe there will be a few suggestions, probably a little razzing, and plenty of questions to answer that you'll find yourself thinking about things you haven't before. Having to defend your thinking or even trying to explain it will often unlock another level of your own understanding.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
None of us here know you from Adam. So you need to put up some examples of your work, or stop trolling the members of this forum for work.

Clear?
Trolling? Are you guys serious? I get that I'm new to this site and I have yet to post pics and detailed explanations, but, trolling??? I find that interesting. I mean, I guess the saw world is more petty than I had originally thought. Ok, y'all don't know me from Adam... chances are most if not all people are trusting a complete stranger with their personal stuff anyway, correct? I was simply stating that I have worked on 500s and they are super hard to mess up.
So, this is what I am gathering... this site is the "good ol' boy club"... which I get... I do. In most cases, a New guy comes into the scene and he goes through the paces. I'm going through the site, I'm interacting, I'm gather content and I am posting videos and pics... but yet, this is considered trolling? 🤔
Did I piss in someone's Wheaties? Scratching my head here. Lop

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should do a build thread on something. Maybe there will be a few suggestions, probably a little razzing, and plenty of questions to answer that you'll find yourself thinking about things you haven't before. Having to defend your thinking or even trying to explain it will often unlock another level of your own understanding.
Absolutely. Those are my plans. I've talked with Cajun, he's helped me out a great deal in my understanding with things and thays another reason why I am here... to learn more. I know of at least 4 to 5 guys on here who build great saws... figured this would be the place to learn... I don't think I'm wrong but time will tell.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Side note, I have a 440, 460, 372, and (3) 572s) waiting for parts so I can build those. Now that I am on a forum I can start taking pictures. Before it was all YT videos.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Trolling? Are you guys serious? I get that I'm new to this site and I have yet to post pics and detailed explanations, but, trolling??? I find that interesting. I mean, I guess the saw world is more petty than I had originally thought. Ok, y'all don't know me from Adam... chances are most if not all people are trusting a complete stranger with their personal stuff anyway, correct? I was simply stating that I have worked on 500s and they are super hard to mess up.
So, this is what I am gathering... this site is the "good ol' boy club"... which I get... I do. In most cases, a New guy comes into the scene and he goes through the paces. I'm going through the site, I'm interacting, I'm gather content and I am posting videos and pics... but yet, this is considered trolling? 🤔
Did I piss in someone's Wheaties? Scratching my head here. Lop
Well. You copied Shawn's work on the handpieces he sells, and has spent a lot of money on quality burrs for. Then you posted about how you intended to sell them, and never mentioned that you got the idea from Shawn until someone else mentioned his name.

That was a huge strike against you in my opinion.

Until then, I hadn't paid any attention to you at all....now everything I see from you looks sorta suspect.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also. Over the years we have seen so many con artists and hacks. We've had people get ripped off by these guys who talk a great game but lack the ability to follow thru on the amount of work that can come from online interest. Did I mention that we don't know you from Adam?

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well. You copied Shawn's work on the handpieces he sells, and has spent a lot of money on quality burrs for. Then you posted about how you intended to sell them, and never mentioned that you got the idea from Shawn until someone else mentioned his name.

That was a huge strike against you in my opinion.

Until then, I hadn't paid any attention to you at all....now everything I see from you looks sorta suspect.
"Copied" would imply that I made mine from his... which wasn't the case. However, his tool did motivate me to make my own... why? I live paycheck to paycheck... if I can make it, I'm going to make... that's how I have always been. Truth be told, I have less than $50 in my tool, start to finish. Hell, I give praise and tell others to buy Shawn's tool. I tell them that he has an awesome product and for the price that he asks for it, you simply can not beat it! Its literally the Best bang for the buck when buying online.
But, If you want to cast stones and call me suspect or call me a troll... that's fine, i dont hold it against you or anybody for that matter... I'm sure y'all probably have your reasons for doing so... all good in my book. Time will dictate the truth and prove whether you are correct or incorrect, right? Until then, My skin is a bit thick. 🤣 Being Scottish/German and serving in the Navy for almost half my life, I like "fun" and banter... lol

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also. Over the years we have seen so many con artists and hacks. We've had people get ripped off by these guys who talk a great game but lack the ability to follow thru on the amount of work that can come from online interest. Did I mention that we don't know you from Adam?
I get it. Like I said, time will dictate what's Stone, Sand and Mud.

Side note: I don't even know Adam.