NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried. It’s welded. It looks like a stop but it goes below the circular rail. The open points in the rail also have welded plastic in them. Or they did until I carved it out. Still won’t spin or lift even the slightest.
Those bastards. Are they in bed with bmw? It all seems so familiar... In a dirty way.
Anyway, out of curiosity, does it look like the over pressure fuel is supposed to route back into the return? I'm wondering if the system can handle a pressure step up 😎

Reactions: Lnk

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
10:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those bastards. Are they in bed with bmw? It all seems so familiar... In a dirty way.
Anyway, out of curiosity, does it look like the over pressure fuel is supposed to route back into the return? I'm wondering if the system can handle a pressure step up 😎

It would only hold 5PSI with the new injector. It seems like it should return to the tank, not leak out the side.

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It would only hold 5PSI with the new injector. It seems like it should return to the tank, not leak out the side.
Oh indeed. Yours is definitely fubucked. I'm just scheming in my head, wondering if the system could handle higher pressure. If the regulation was sprung a bit higher, say to 7psi, better atomization would occur. In theory. In addition, pulse width could be narrower and achieve the same fuel delivery. Although, after running @huskihl 's ported 500i, I wonder if any modifications to the fuel system would bear any juice worth the squeeze. I look forward to when I own one. I want to play!

Vahula

Active OPE Member
Local time
7:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then I replaced the injector assembly. I pressure tested this as well. It only holds up to 5 PSI, then it makes a noise and drops back to 5.
What noise dos it make? It needs to hold 11psi to 15psi without a problem.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
10:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What noise dos it make? It needs to hold 11psi to 15psi without a problem.

That’s bad news. It’s a medium pitched “frrp!” Like a Turkey call but not quite as sharp. It definitely only holds 5 psi. How do you know it should hold 11-15psi? I didn’t see that in the repair manual.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But if I didn’t get it, I wouldn’t be able to go cut wood and know super critical details like successful starts, attempted starts, idle time, WOT time, etc…..

Good thing I have some 500i’s too !

Maybe it’s capable of giving me a few warm fuzzies just knowing that I have it ?

One thing is for certain, it won’t hurt me to have it.
IMG_0748.jpegIMG_0749.jpeg

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
11:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
11:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Exactly
Need a bigger boat for anything made by Electrolux
All that time you spent running saws out to sea is paying off big here. Which must have been some time ago now as Electrolux hasn't owned Husqvarna for quite a few years now. It's called the Husqvarna Group now a days. Your volumetric computations may need updating to adjust for new models, if you're working off old data, see.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All that time you spent running saws out to sea is paying off big here. Which must have been some time ago now as Electrolux hasn't owned Husqvarna for quite a few years now. It's called the Husqvarna Group now a days. Your volumetric computations may need updating to adjust for new models, if you're working off old data, see.
Still the same junk as before