SOLD 500 usd PHO Stihl 044 70cc pro chainsaw metal badge 12mm slant

Trader history (0)

Vancouver timber

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Would a 440 jug n piston fit these older 044’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont believe any of the ms 440 chainsaws had a 10mm wrist pin no saying ite impossible as you may be able to find the correct wrist pin bearing to do so. I'm curious as to what the advantage you would gain in doing so?? I may be wrong but i was under the impression the SLANT fin 10mm was the sought after saw

mikerudder

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would a 440 jug n piston fit these older 044’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe so, but it has to be a 12mm wrist pin on the crank
The 440 would have a decomp, so either plug it up or drill a hole in the top cover
Or find a top cover with the decomp!

Vancouver timber

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I believe so, but it has to be a 12mm wrist pin on the crank
The 440 would have a decomp, so either plug it up or drill a hole in the top cover
Or find a top cover with the decomp!
I'm pretty positive the bolt pattern and covers fit. Just not sure how youd tackle the bearing situation without some heavy machining or a replacement bearing. Cause I feel like I've heard if people running the 10mm jugs with a 12mm crank and piston I also feel like maybe the porting could catch the flywheel ring In certain scenarios or running the 12mm jug on a 10mm saw maybe it was but point is the jugs I do believe swap it's the piston wrist pin bearing could getcha

mikerudder

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm pretty positive the bolt pattern and covers fit. Just not sure how youd tackle the bearing situation without some heavy machining or a replacement bearing. Cause I feel like I've heard if people running the 10mm jugs with a 12mm crank and piston I also feel like maybe the porting could catch the flywheel ring In certain scenarios or running the 12mm jug on a 10mm saw maybe it was but point is the jugs I do believe swap it's the piston wrist pin bearing could getcha
Right.
Its not a direct bolt on unless the 044 is a 12mm.
Since yours is a 10mm, would not work unless you swapped the crank out.

Boomhower

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Ok thank yall for clearing that up. The reason I was asking is I have a new ported 440 jug and piston that I was going to put away, but this saw is so clean its very tempting.

NCPT

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This saw is also posted on AS, the OP posted that he pulled the jug and measured the wrist pin to verify it was a 10mm saw. Maybe the OP can clear this up.

Vancouver timber

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Weird boys I popped the jug off and measured the piston wrist pin and it was a 10mm unless my calipers hung up on something the numbers dont jive luckily I still haven't tossed all the covers and shir back on it so I'll double check this now.. even the previous owner said it's a 10mm too

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
5:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Possibly rebuilt with a 10mm crank or it’s had the clutch side case half replaced.

Do you have any pictures of the FW side case area above the oil fill cap?