High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

395xp Issues

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Any benefit to going with a different muffler? I've found some round port and dual port mufflers for the 395 in my search for a muffler gasket (mine tore when taking the muffler studs off for better photos) and if there is a benefit then I would pick one up. Kind of hard to find just a muffler gasket.

brad ruch

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I highly doubt there's a compression issue.does it feel like 65psi?if so you should be able to pull that over with 2 fingers.i would bet the tester is false with that adapter.and that cylinder looks great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I could try that, the wire looks totally intact so I didn't think it to be the issue.

Edit: disconnected the stop switch from the coil and still no spark when pulling the starter cord.

Last edited:

brad ruch

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I could try that, the wire looks totally intact so I didn't think it to be the issue.
If that don't work.then the wire is bad.those coils don't just fail that often.there lifetime guarantee.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If that don't work.then the wire is bad.those coils don't just fail that often.there lifetime guarantee.

I did try to disconnect the stop switch, but no change. When the new plug wire comes in with the coil I'll test to see if the original plug wire is bad.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I can't find just a muffler gasket and I don't want to order six sets of gaskets. I did however find a round port muffler for $40 that includes gasket and studs. My saw is a 2018 build with an "EPA" muffler. I've read the round port mufflers will help the saw run cooler, is this true? Will the round port muffler be any louder? My wife already hates hearing the mill enough without making it louder. She didn't mind the 460 as much since it is not as loud.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Found an OEM muffler gasket, but I am still curious about the round port mufflers.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Found an OEM muffler gasket, but I am still curious about the round port mufflers.
Just have someone like me or a lot of people here make you a dual port or piped Hyway muffler and be done with it.

Have you checked the air gap? You could very well have a loose flywheel or coil on a new saw. Just check it to be sure.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just have someone like me or a lot of people here make you a dual port or piped Hyway muffler and be done with it.

Have you checked the air gap? You could very well have a loose flywheel or coil on a new saw. Just check it to be sure.
How much louder would that be than a stock round port muffler? My wife already hates the sawmill as it is.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
How much louder would that be than a stock round port muffler? My wife already hates the sawmill as it is.
I would stick with the OEM Wife too...all the AM Wifes Ive ever used were no good after a few good runs. Always ended up costing me more then just the purchase price as well... Legal fees-Divorce- Real Estate transaction fees ect. Stick with what ya know.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would stick with the OEM Wife too...all the AM Wifes Ive ever used were no good after a few good runs. Always ended up costing me more then just the purchase price as well... Legal fees-Divorce- Real Estate transaction fees ect. Stick with what ya know.
She loves that we can make lumber, hates the noise. Eventually I'd like to have 220v power to a saw shed so I can get the Logosol Speedsaw.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
She loves that we can make lumber, hates the noise. Eventually I'd like to have 220v power to a saw shed so I can get the Logosol Speedsaw.
My pipe has a baffle in it so more is less here. The sound goes straight up. It's quieter than the front port on any 1122 saw. Burnt out my sheet metal blocking plate in place of the factory single port. It got louder. 1124 is getting a muffler and quite possibly this one also. Haven't tried shutting up the 394, yet. It's less annoying but still a pia. Long cuts make long days.

Electric is is in my future. 10hp should do it.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I measure out 2.6 oz of two stroke oil for every gallon of 93 octane pump gas.
I'm surprised this didn't already get addressed. 50:1 in a milling saw is asking for trouble down the road. You should be running at least 40:1 so push that oil measurement to 3.2oz. Once you get your new plug wire on there, your saw will thank you.;)

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
12:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm surprised this didn't already get addressed. 50:1 in a milling saw is asking for trouble down the road. You should be running at least 40:1 so push that oil measurement to 3.2oz. Once you get your new plug wire on there, your saw will thank you.;)

This + enrichment of the mixture on the carburetor a bit from optimum will help keep it cool and lubed enough to survive while milling.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'll start making all of my mix at least 40:1 now and tune all three saws and Kombi System accordingly. Maybe the coil and/or plug wire died a horrible heat death since it was also 85 df and sunny that day. Would a ported muffler help the saw run cooler? My wife and I agreed we would endure a louder muffler if it is better for the saw/milling. Especially if a power bump helps the saw spend less time in the cut.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
12:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll start making all of my mix at least 40:1 now and tune all three saws and Kombi System accordingly. Maybe the coil and/or plug wire died a horrible heat death since it was also 85 df and sunny that day. Would a ported muffler help the saw run cooler? My wife and I agreed we would endure a louder muffler if it is better for the saw/milling. Especially if a power bump helps the saw spend less time in the cut.

Helping the saw motor shed more heat seems to be the consensus from most operators.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i feel like youre staring the problem in the face and dont recognize it. ive got a good used coil wire with no exposed wire ill send ya on my dime. they come off real easy, and would be a great step in trouble shooting.
Maybe I should take you up on this offer. Unfortunately I don't think there is any way to return the favor. Maybe I could buy a gold membership for the forum?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
He was not looking for anything. You came here looking for help... and there it is.
32-1 is best on the mill.
Let the heat out always helps.
Maybe I should take you up on this offer. Unfortunately I don't think there is any way to return the favor. Maybe I could buy a gold membership for the forum?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 395 cylinder looks decent to me also. The 346 looks like it had straight or maybe stale gas with the scoring on the intake. Like I said though, send it back when you get the scratch for shipping saved up and we’ll get it going again

Last edited: