201T Builder

RJH.13

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl waiting for my 500i from Randy. If that comes out as well as I hope, ill probably just have him do a 201 for me as well. I just know the turn around time is kind of lengthy (I really don't know that, this is the first ported saw I've ordered online) . I probably feel that way cause I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning. I mostly wanted to see alternative options if maybe there was just a totally stand out 201 builder or something like that. But I like your taste @RJH.13
It’s well worth the wait. If I remember right I waited somewhere around 4 month. I’m like you. As soon as I order something I want it then and there. I wanted to order a ported 462 this year but I broke my ported 201 and had to buy a stock replacement to use while Randy was fixing mine. A 462 is definitely on my list though. I have a stock one now it’s great.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s well worth the wait. If I remember right I waited somewhere around 4 month. I’m like you. As soon as I order something I want it then and there. I wanted to order a ported 462 this year but I broke my ported 201 and had to buy a stock replacement to use while Randy was fixing mine. A 462 is definitely on my list though. I have a stock one now it’s great.
I'm slow....but I do poor work.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While fairly true, on this particular model, I have been doing a dickered with version for the tree care professionals that I picked up on from our very own @sawmikaze . They are only muffler modded, the timing advanced and the carburetor worked on, which lets the 201 run quite well, yes they are not quite as good as a fully ported version, however the benefits are I can turn one around the next day after receiving it and at a small fraction of the cost of porting one. Which seems to be an advantage for the tree pro's in both respect's.
To differentiate these from my ported Stump Shot Special saws, I begrudgingly named these Stump Shot Super as it started to be a thing and I didn't want folks thinking they were ported, which they are not.
As far as other ported saws go, my waiting time right now is a good two months or so.

Here's a vidja of a "Super" 201tc to see how they run.

I give some all the above with a half assed woods port sometimes that give up barely anything to other ones I've ran that were machined.

I do them for 150-200 bucks for my tree rat friends and they don't feel cheated...