High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

2011 husqvarna 562 high end bog/stall???

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
8:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
^^^^ We already know you are a 562xp Hater. But, some people do like theirs.

You shouldn't assume I'm a hater. I believe the 562 is a great saw...when they run. They just aren't the Holy Grail of saws that certain people want us to believe. There are other REALLY good options out there. There are guys that own them that act like they're in some sort of elite club. Kind of like the guy who buys a new Jeep and decks it out so he can impress everyone as he drives around town. He looks like a real bad ass off roader...but looks can be deceiving.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You shouldn't assume I'm a hater. I believe the 562 is a great saw...when they run. They just aren't the Holy Grail of saws that certain people want us to believe. There are other REALLY good options out there. There are guys that own them that act like they're in some sort of elite club. Kind of like the guy who buys a new Jeep and decks it out so he can impress everyone as he drives around town. He looks like a real bad ass off roader...but looks can be deceiving.
I agree, bought a 95 Jeep and installed a built 350 chevy, fuel injected, Superior front axle, Muince 465 trans, Ford rear end, lockers, Novak adapters and radiator and a lot of other crap and it was bad ass. Wife hated it (hater) scared the crap out of her and sold it. But still like a 562.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the 550XP. A lot. But it's had a few issues. I also think the MS200T is the best top handled saw ever made. It had some teething issues too.......what was it, nine different carbs? Good and bad in all of em boys.
I agree and I give. Moving on. But if he wants to sell it?

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
My point exactly. You never miss an opportunity to tell all of us how "fantastic" the 562 is but it isn't your first choice when you need a saw in that class. Apparently there are other saws that are "fantastic...er" LOL:).
I do prefer a ported 357xp and have said so.

But why are you so interested in the 562?

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
7:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Saw companies need to start including non-cat, non-baffle, non-epa mufflers in with the extras that come with new saws. i don't suppose the epa wouldn't have the authority to govern that.
If that were the case then the options for stock saws out of the box would be better. The 361 is a beast if you open the muff just a wee bit.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Saw companies need to start including non-cat, non-baffle, non-epa mufflers in with the extras that come with new saws. i don't suppose the epa wouldn't have the authority to govern that.
If that were the case then the options for stock saws out of the box would be better. The 361 is a beast if you open the muff just a wee bit.
Ya that would be nice. Some really do need to bring opened up.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
7:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I had good luck with the 562 and bought two of them brand new and two of them used. At the time when I got the new ones I was starting a hazard tree contract for the federal government and was looking at the falling and removal of around 8000 snags from 9" to 90" in diameter. I would say the one 2011 562 I had fell and processed around 1800 trees on that job and didn't miss a beat. It ran in the heat, from 7 to 9,000' elevation and wore 24" and 28" bars.

Like Randy said- all modern saws have their good and bad. Soon after the 046 came out, it had a run of bad PTO side bearings (mid-late 1997). I was working at a dealership part time and the saws were averaging around 25-40 days in the hands of a timber faller before the bearing would blow out and we'd have to rebuild it under warranty.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I like the 550XP. A lot. But it's had a few issues. I also think the MS200T is the best top handled saw ever made. It had some teething issues too.......what was it, nine different carbs? Good and bad in all of em boys.
I got to run 550's all day today getting them ready for a tree service company. Out of 15 saws one just didn't run quiet right. An early 2015 modle i feared may have a transfer leek. It is on the mechanics bench for Monday. I grabbed # 16 warmed her up good and made 10 strong cuts and just like the first 14. Strong and smooth and sounding Purdy.
That is why we don't let a single saw out with out running it a bit first.

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
8:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I do prefer a ported 357xp and have said so.

But why are you so interested in the 562?

The only thing I'm interested in is keeping it real Fish. I'm not interested in owning a 562 or any other auto tune saw. Chainsaws didn't need auto tune. They need owners who can understand basic things like adjusting a carb. But in our dumbed down society, an auto tune saw fits right in with all the other garbage we don't need...things that are complicated, problematic, and impossible for the average guy to work on.

Of course, I'm old fashioned and these are just my opinions. Everyone should buy what they like and I surely don't have the right to tell them otherwise. But we should look at the 562xp for what it is: A high performance, high price, highly complicated, sometimes very problematic piece of equipment. Definitely not the Holy Grail of chainsaws IMO.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Red97 I have a el46 laying around that you could throw on your saw just to see if it makes any difference. It worked OK on my saw but it did have the off idle bog. It's yours for the low low price of $0.00 if you want it.

You can't just swap the 44 for the 46. The controller is different. Hell.....even the wires are different if my brain ain't too frizzled.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wasn't aware of that Randy. The el48 was a direct replacement for the el46.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wasn't aware of that Randy. The el48 was a direct replacement for the el46.

That's true, but even going from the 46 to the 48 sometimes the "firmware" has to be updated. The 44 has a different pigtail connection, and even the coil is different.

The best thing to do is contact a good dealer, and get the lowdown.