Status
Not open for further replies.

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
12:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
My advice would be to go on the conservative side. Don't try to push it to far right off the get go. I made that mistake a couple of times. Be careful how wide you make your ports and double check your numbers. I've been putting a ring in the bore and spinning the wheel to your desired number to check where each port is because it's hard to see with a flashlight looking in. Couple times I was off by a few degrees. When you think your done double check it then check it again. Also right down everything you do so if you need to go back in to change something it's all there on paper.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
9:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Little much for the first go round don't ya think?
Excuse the hell out of me for throwing another idea in the mix of ideas the OP asked for. Now you can all pound him over the head and force him to do it your way. I'm not forcing my idea on him, I'm just sharing info from something I've done that you all seem to be impressed with.
The guy wants to as many ideas as he can... like he asked. So why does a few people have to be so aggressive with this idea popularity contest?

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
11:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excuse the hell out of me for throwing another idea in the mix of ideas the OP asked for. Now you can all pound him over the head and force him to do it your way. I'm not forcing my idea on him, I'm just sharing info from something I've done that you all seem to be impressed with.
The guy wants to as many ideas as he can... like he asked. So why does a few people have to be so aggressive with this idea popularity contest?
Havin a bad day man? Im sure everyone appreciates your input. Interesting thread u have on the 066/394 Jim

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It has nothing to do with a popularity contest. Raising ports that much seems a bit much for a first time porter, especially in the upper trans. I still have a hard time in the uppers.

So chill out

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow.

Chill out bud.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
9:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Don't be telling me what to do. Some of you done slapped me around over my input by telling the guy not to ruin his saw. You guys want to pretty much directly insult me and then tell me to sit down and shut up. I didn't make any opinions of other members advise. You can go conservative on a build or you can go all out. That's his choice. It's not like he gave an explanation of his intentions for use anyways.

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was able to sneak out to the garage for a few hours today. So here's what I got for the first round. Raised and widened the intake as much as I felt comfortable with(top ring is halfway over the edge of the port:confused:) ended up at 75°. Widened the exhaust .150" and blended it in but did not change the numbers. Ended up at 102/124.5/75. Blended the one corner of each lower transfer. Did not have time to pull the flywheel for the timing bump.

Tuned it to 13'400 and made a few passes definitely feels stronger. Unfortunately I'm short on decent wood to put a good whooping on it.
--Intake
20161015_134459.jpg 20161015_145022.jpg
---Exhaust 20161015_145124.jpg20161015_145104.jpg

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was able to sneak out to the garage for a few hours today. So here's what I got for the first round. Raised and widened the intake as much as I felt comfortable with(top ring is halfway over the edge of the port:confused:) ended up at 75°. Widened the exhaust .150" and blended it in but did not change the numbers. Ended up at 102/124.5/75. Blended the one corner of each lower transfer. Did not have time to pull the flywheel for the timing bump.

Tuned it to 13'400 and made a few passes definitely feels stronger. Unfortunately I'm short on decent wood to put a good whooping on it.
--Intake
View attachment 37419 View attachment 37420
---Exhaust View attachment 37421View attachment 37422
Looks really good! Congrats ! May wanna ease her on out over 14000 when u get alil run time on her

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't be telling me what to do. Some of you done slapped me around over my input by telling the guy not to ruin his saw. You guys want to pretty much directly insult me and then tell me to sit down and shut up. I didn't make any opinions of other members advise. You can go conservative on a build or you can go all out. That's his choice. It's not like he gave an explanation of his intentions for use anyways.
Understood

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks really good! Congrats ! May wanna ease her on out over 14000 when u get alil run time on her
Thanks!! Yeah once I get a few good logs I'll let her sing a little louder. The piston is pretty worn out too, so I'll be dropping a new slug in next week. Just want to get a few good pulls on the old one to make sure I'm not gonna hook a ring right off the bat.
Any suggestions on a piston? I can get an OEM piston kit from my dealer for $105 or a meteor for DD for like $40.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks!! Yeah once I get a few good logs I'll let her sing a little louder. The piston is pretty worn out too, so I'll be dropping a new slug in next week. Just want to get a few good pulls on the old one to make sure I'm not gonna hook a ring right off the bat.
Any suggestions on a piston? I can get an OEM piston kit from my dealer for $105 or a meteor for DD for like $40.
I prefer OEM because its alil lighter but u should be able to locate the oem kit alil cheaper. Meteors r really good just alil heavier

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My advice, find a better dealer (unless 064 is just way up there, never purchased for one).

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My advice, find a better dealer (unless 064 is just way up there, never purchased for one).
It's the best dealer I have close by. They are great guys and always willing to take time to help me out. I have no idea if their prices are in line or not but they always seem fair. He actually quoted me $114 for the piston kit and $258 for a cyl.&piston kit but said he would take 10% off my order.

Status
Not open for further replies.