Not open for further replies.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
12:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't be telling me what to do. Some of you done slapped me around over my input by telling the guy not to ruin his saw. You guys want to pretty much directly insult me and then tell me to sit down and shut up. I didn't make any opinions of other members advise. You can go conservative on a build or you can go all out. That's his choice. It's not like he gave an explanation of his intentions for use anyways.
:godsdrink0nw:

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
11:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
a meteor 064 piston is one of the few you can get 70% on the exhaust.

any particular reason for raising the intake roof? just curious

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_0473.JPG You know that increasing the intake, or raising the degree, means lowering the FLOOR not raising the roof, correct?

You did better than I did on my first, that's for sure.

Look at this beauty. The awesome arc I left on the exhaust roof...

Last edited:

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
11:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
ive heard of guys raising the intake roof to gain area on certain saws but i never have,i never put much thought into area

a 066 has room to raise if you wanted.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ive heard of guys raising the intake roof to gain area on certain saws but i never have,i never put much thought into area

a 066 has room to raise if you wanted.
Most saws I do already have a ring in the port at BDC, so I do all to avoid it.

I did do on one MS260 and only ran the top ring. Saw made a lot of rpm, but lacked torque.

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I was just trying to widen it and got a little too aggressive in the corners then I just started chasing my tale..... the squish is pretty tight already at .018". At this point I think it needs to be cut and salvaged by an expert. Which means I'm gonna box it up and send it to @jmssaws

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was able to sneak out to the garage for a few hours today. So here's what I got for the first round. Raised and widened the intake as much as I felt comfortable with(top ring is halfway over the edge of the port:confused:) ended up at 75°. Widened the exhaust .150" and blended it in but did not change the numbers. Ended up at 102/124.5/75. Blended the one corner of each lower transfer. Did not have time to pull the flywheel for the timing bump.

Tuned it to 13'400 and made a few passes definitely feels stronger. Unfortunately I'm short on decent wood to put a good whooping on it.
--Intake
View attachment 37419 View attachment 37420
---Exhaust View attachment 37421View attachment 37422
I hope you don't mind some feedback
You ports have decent symmetry and you should be proud as it's hard to do but very important.
I think you need to spend some time beveling the ports they look sharp from the pictures.

Also it looks like the side of the exhaust port is higher than the center. May be just the picture but this could be a big problem. The first point of contact is the center of the ring. You will either see wear over the top of the exhaust or where the ring ends are.

Once again very good first attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.