Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_1388.JPG IMG_1389.JPG IMG_1390.JPG IMG_1391.JPG IMG_1392.JPG
I am looking for a few more guys who know their way around an 1122 series Stihl well enough to torture test some clones of the Walbro WJ-69 I had made by Zama in China.
Locally we swapped ten of them into known runners and all fired and ran fine, but my buddy isn't any kind of a guru, just a flipper who fixes and sends them on their way.

I am looking for comments (good, bad, or dave seduces lamas) from guys who could swap them into a juicy saw to test tunability. Also really curious if they are internally able to accept the oversize main jet from a Walbro WJ-42 that theoretically should allow some nice fueling gains as it does on the OEM Walbro WJ-69c.

At this point I am confident they are fine as a stock replacement for the typical Ebay swap out application, but wondering if they are really as good as the HD16 and WT 194 clones have been or merely ok as the MS200T replacement was from Farmertec before Zama made them available direct (still no accelerator pump but snappy like the 020T).

If you can help out let me know and I will get you some fresh carbs to test and if you feel comfy tearing one down to try the main jet swap let me know and I will send those as well.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you trying to keep these stock Venturi Dave? I made a little boo boo on a 69 I was enlarging for a buddies saw.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dave, you looking to do a long term report on one in use. I got a buddies crew that runs an old flat top 66 like a rented mule. I could throw one on there but they wont be running full time till March.

I could run and tune it on a few 66's I have here. ( nothing modded beyond muff mods)

(PS- I got no problems with the 200t carbs you sent me prior.)

@jmssaws would be the guy I would want some feedback from...

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So far we just bolted them up and ran with stock uber quick tuning the way an Ebay customer would, I am happy with the results for that use.

Are you trying to keep these stock Venturi Dave? I made a little boo boo on a 69 I was enlarging for a buddies saw.
stock shmock my good man, PM me an addy and I will get one out to ya

Dave, you looking to do a long term report on one in use. I got a buddies crew that runs an old flat top 66 like a rented mule. I could throw one on there but they wont be running full time till March.
I could run and tune it on a few 66's I have here. ( nothing modded beyond muff mods)
(PS- I got no problems with the 200t carbs you sent me prior.)
@jmssaws would be the guy I would want some feedback from...

do you remember how long ago you got the 200T carbs from me, the first batch from farmertec were flawlessish then next batch had 2 (maybe 3) out of 100 that wouldn't tune properly, the batch from Zama seem fine, but sales are slower now that there are more vendors selling them and maybe the bad batch from Farmertec/Huztl slowed the market for them as well

Get me an address and I will send you a pair to try out for the ol 66 and your projects

thanks guys you rock
Dave

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like a nice carburetor Dave. I'm a long ways out from my 064/066/MS-660 builds but I may be interested in doing a test of your carburetor vs. the old Bing 49 carb that came on the early 064s.
let me know when you are ready and I will get you one
now I am intrigued I thought the earliest carb for the 066 was a WJ-42 didn't realize the early 064 used something different, any idea what size the jet was on that old BING!! (in my head It is always spelled like it would be inserted in an early 1970's live action batman episode)
Dave

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
5:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
let me know when you are ready and I will get you one
now I am intrigued I thought the earliest carb for the 066 was a WJ-42 didn't realize the early 064 used something different, any idea what size the jet was on that old BING!! (in my head It is always spelled like it would be inserted in an early 1970's live action batman episode)
Dave

The Bing was one of the better running carbs on that series of saws and I believe it had a slightly larger venturi and throttle bore than the Walbros. I'll do an exhaustive thread on it when I get ready to build the saws- one will be an 064 hybrid and the other will be a hot running 660 with a machined jug by Randy and a Wiseco piston.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 8637 View attachment 8638 View attachment 8639 View attachment 8640 View attachment 8641
I am looking for a few more guys who know their way around an 1122 series Stihl well enough to torture test some clones of the Walbro WJ-69 I had made by Zama in China.
Locally we swapped ten of them into known runners and all fired and ran fine, but my buddy isn't any kind of a guru, just a flipper who fixes and sends them on their way.

I am looking for comments (good, bad, or dave seduces lamas) from guys who could swap them into a juicy saw to test tunability. Also really curious if they are internally able to accept the oversize main jet from a Walbro WJ-42 that theoretically should allow some nice fueling gains as it does on the OEM Walbro WJ-69c.

At this point I am confident they are fine as a stock replacement for the typical Ebay swap out application, but wondering if they are really as good as the HD16 and WT 194 clones have been or merely ok as the MS200T replacement was from Farmertec before Zama made them available direct (still no accelerator pump but snappy like the 020T).

If you can help out let me know and I will get you some fresh carbs to test and if you feel comfy tearing one down to try the main jet swap let me know and I will send those as well.
Can you toss one or two into my box ?

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
thank you gents that should give me 15 of them in experienced hands for rough treatment and colorful language
I am looking at getting the RWJ-4 cloned next, @SquareFile said it was a pretty popular hop up carb for several models and pretty pricey OEM so it seems like a good candidate.