MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No problem Al, I figured as much!

I'm fortunate the only time I'm really buried is the 2.5 months of Tax Season, but then I'm really buried, like 7 days/week - long hours every day. Such is life, but I'm glad I don't have to fight with the commute every morning any more like I did before I semi retired. I did it for over 30 years, and it just got worse & worse each year.

When you spend 2+ hours on the road, each way, in addition to your work day, after a while it just drains you. And if I were driving the whole time I really would not mind, but the bumper to bumper just drove me crazy.

You would think that if there is a traffic jam every day for over 30 years at the same place (like exit 6 on 684 where it goes from 3 lanes to 2) that they would eventually fix it, but NOOOOOO! And then they talk about improving fuel mileage ... common sense no longer exists!

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, I cut mostly Douglas Fir. But we also have a few different types of Oak, Madrone, Cedar, Sugar Pine, Ponderosa Pine, Maple, Poplar, Cottonwood, White Fir, Red Fir, and there's quite a bit of Black Locust around here, as well.

Hell, if it's wood, I'll cut it...

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
3:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yep, I cut mostly Douglas Fir. But we also have a few different types of Oak, Madrone, Cedar, Sugar Pine, Ponderosa Pine, Maple, Poplar, Cottonwood, White Fir, Red Fir, and there's quite a bit of Black Locust around here, as well.

Hell, if it's wood, I'll cut it...
We have locust and oak and hickory.
I have several acres of planted lob lolly pine and if I'm cutting any it's from a blowdown.
I've got all the good wood cut up for miles around me.

We have 700 acres of mostly timber and I have to haul wood in to cut. Lol

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
1:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
And when it is dry enough to burn it emits a very strong odor that needs washed off if it gets on you.
My 357 still stinks like cottonwood and it's been three and a half months since I cut some with it.
Old willow is pretty foul too.