82f100swb

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another video of that particular 026. You can hear the sharper sound(more compression,) how quick it wants to rev, and how it holds its rpm. It runs a good bit more rpm than stock as well. It's happy spot is 4 stroking around 16,200 no load.
I should get my stock red lever off of the shelf and do a back to back video.
This saw doesn't have a huge muffler mod, well, exhaust port side is not stock at all, but the exit is actually equivalent to a stock cover I have on the shelf, and it has the screen in place. I hit the point of deminishing returns on the muffler very quickly with this particular saw.
Timing numbers are 91/115/74, with 16.5 thou squish(tighter than I remembered) and compression is 187 psi. You will not be able to go that high on the exhaust and keep compression up unless you cut the squish band.

Last edited:

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
11:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I couldn’t use more different numbers on an 026.

Making one keep up with a ported 261 is no easy task, the 026 advantage is it’s smaller size.

I’m interested in how you cut your band. Did you save pics?

82f100swb

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This saw was never supposed to be a build. Came out of a yard sale 5 saw $20 lot. Was just supposed to be a fuel line and a chain and sell it. I may have suffered some whiskey induced project creep... Completely winged the whole thing with some educated guesstimation. Didn't check numbers until it had been running for 6 months.
Squish band, well, this was built pre lathe, so the cut was sandpaper glued to an old piston in the drill press.

I need to get out and get some more test logs soon. I need to pick up a 3/8 sprocket for it too, want to try my 20" from my 660 on it mostly out of curiosity.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
11:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Squish band, well, this was built pre lathe, so the cut was sandpaper glued to an old piston in the drill press.
Really the only way I know to get the band to match the slug besides cutting both flat. I can’t get the exhaust roof low enough without the flat cut.