High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

York, PA

Nitroman

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Well then, how 'bout someone pick me up a set of York bumper plates and mail them up?

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
4:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The huge Cat plant in York has been there for as long as I can remember.
cat.jpeg
cat2.jpeg

Reactions: DSS

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Cat plant in York is just a small distribution plant I think. They rent out the rest. In the 90's was a huge plant til the Union got greedy. Broomsweepers were making $17/hr was the rumor. Then Cat shut it down because they weren't going to pay . Everytime I go by it there is not that much activity around there, which is not that much by the way.

nomad_archer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Im the next county over in Lancaster.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Cat plant in York is just a small distribution plant I think. They rent out the rest. In the 90's was a huge plant til the Union got greedy. Broomsweepers were making $17/hr was the rumor. Then Cat shut it down because they weren't going to pay . Everytime I go by it there is not that much activity around there, which is not that much by the way.
It has baffled me for decades to think that a company (Komatsu) in a country with zero natural resources (Korea) could import every speck of material from across the world, design, build and ship a dozer back across the world, cheaper than it could be built by Caterpillar in Peoria, Illinois.

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
York used to be a major manufacturing hub, most of the businesses have moved or shut down.

showrguy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
York used to be a major manufacturing hub, most of the businesses have moved or shut down.
Mostly because of greedy unions, a few years ago Harley Davidson was set to move outa York, till the union figured out at the last minute that they (H/D) were'nt kidding ....
I've see so many companies/ jobs leave central Pa. for just those reasons ,,,,,,,,Quaker Oats, CAT, Hershey Chocolate, ect..
Not here to Union Bash, just the way things are.....

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
3:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The operating engineers union here is dead,they priced there selves out of a job.

Fred weber was a huge construction company here and can't get any work.

When your bid is a few million higher than the other guys you can't survive.