heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nutball (Remington) has a pretty good idea of how to handle the other end of a two man saw. The chains are so aggressive you cannot hold the saw back, and most of the time they pull in and stick the spikes so you can't just "slide" the powerhead down the log to make a cut. I've found it is easier to operate without the spike but then you lose the cool factor...

Mark

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nutball (Remington) has a pretty good idea of how to handle the other end of a two man saw. The chains are so aggressive you cannot hold the saw back, and most of the time they pull in and stick the spikes so you can't just "slide" the powerhead down the log to make a cut. I've found it is easier to operate without the spike but then you lose the cool factor...

Mark
Might need to make a sled for it to put in the place of the spike?

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, there's no need for spikes on a vertical cut. It might help on horizontal cuts. It seems to me like the spikes and helper are interchangeable, though the helper could benefit from the spikes in some cases, depending on who is going to lever on them. Maybe the helper handle is only needed for transportation and positioning.

There was no game plan, we just went for it.

Maybe one of the newly acquired ones can be ported.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, there's no need for spikes on a vertical cut. It might help on horizontal cuts. It seems to me like the spikes and helper are interchangeable, though the helper could benefit from the spikes in some cases, depending on who is going to lever on them. Maybe the helper handle is only needed for transportation and positioning.

There was no game plan, we just went for it.

Maybe one of the newly acquired ones can be ported.
he said the helper needed to eat a extra sandwich lol

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dont have a YT account.
I wish this forum supported more embedded video sources, and could host some mp4 uploads. Just 1Tb of storage could hold like 25,000 40Mb saw videos.
I get banned about twice a month from YouTube and now they are trying to block me from watching videos because I use a ad blocker
I’m not uploading anything else there for them to make money and I have to watch their stupidity

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get banned about twice a month from YouTube and now they are trying to block me from watching videos because I use a ad blocker
I’m not uploading anything else there for them to make money and I have to watch their stupidity
They don't like VPNs either. A Lot of content producers are moving to alternatives, having the content on both.