Xtream bar at Tractor Supply

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Danged bar oil the other day .I was nearly out of the stuff .I think TSC had the Husky stuff I think for around 13 a gallon .Stock and Field had it for 9 bucks . .That will tide me over until later in the fall when they stock up .Never fear ,Al the tight wad will find it for 5 bucks sooner or later .

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just scored Extreme orange gallons for six bucks per @TSC and new suspenders. Then meet a guy near the Diner to pick up my new 500k propane torch to kill these strangler weeds. They killed my purple and white lilac trees mfers.

Last edited:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My bud Tom who is a trimmer cut a deal with the local Stihl dealer .They buy pallet loads which gives the dealer a really big discount then Tom gets his oil at dealer cost . I can't imagine how long a pallet full of oil would last me,long time no doubt .What maybe 2 gallons a year if that .

NeSurcaster

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the "countryside/countyline?" black bottle from TSC. But ever since the storms started back in June they've been sold out. They only sell the xcut husky at the moment, atleast within 50 miles of me. That stahls supplies has some deals as long as shipping isnt crazy.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
TSC kind of tickles me .They have all that chainsaw stuff in one area with the high priced stuff like oil in quart bottles .Who in the world would buy bar oil by the quart? About like ready mix gasoline by the quart . They used to have the less expensive stuff at another place .Actually about all I buy there any more is bolts and nuts by the pound .Sad thing is I must have hundreds of pounds at my shop but it's 22 miles away,TSC is about 2.5 miles away .

David _4

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Tractor Supply is my last resort. They are higher priced than just about everyone else and their selection sucks. Rural King is my goto place.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like TSC but, they have really slipped since they came here in the 90's. Every time I go in there, everything is a mess and they are out of stock on alot of stuff. Their motor oil and tranny fluid used to be a good deal but now it's almost as high as the parts stores. Rural King really has it together, hope it stays that way.

S Sidwell

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does TSC still carry their own brand chain oil or is it the same stuff renamed? I haven't really looked at any the times I've been in there.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Does TSC still carry their own brand chain oil or is it the same stuff renamed? I haven't really looked at any the times I've been in there.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
They do but I never see it much. Used it years ago when bought on returning from my trip to TN GTG. It was sticky and reminded of that green gallon jug Itaska(Sp)

homeheater

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought one to try. I sure hope it's better than the Mag1 crap from the other farm store next door since TSC was out.