Woodpecker flies the MS400

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ive never understood this. Unless you are swinging that thing one handed in the tree, whats the deal with “balanced”?

Hang a 28” Cannon on there and its gonna feel weird, maybe.

If you do a lot of limbing, balance is important. It is why so many of my saws wear "Light" bars.

Also, when felling on a steep slope or in an awkward position, a light bar can make a big difference.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use a mix of both AT/MT saws. I go with ABAS - Always Bring Another Saw philosophy cause they all break.....same with chains....I swap chains/saws before I file on the job--that's what my USG is for.

I climb and I'm 215lbs + gear and well over 45 years young....I ain't going up and down a tree more than once, and if I can help it, I'm finishing twoday! Fiddling with saws gotta happen in the garage. Lol.

My 562 pulled that hot start garbage on top of a 3-story apartment building with a crane waiting. Nowhere to escape from the sun on a hot day. The ole 7900 didn't have that issue though, so the job got done on time.

Every new technology has it's growing pains, but based on my 261 V II and my 2 462s I'd say those problems are in the past. They are my "go to" saws.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s a perfect gap giggity… Lol. Usually 50-70-90 (or 40-60-80) is usually what most of us like to space out our worksaw fleets at. Anything closer is just silly imo. But hey whatever works for you works… your money, your saws.

Is the 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 plan no good???
With backups.

If you do a lot of limbing, balance is important. It is why so many of my saws wear "Light" bars.

Also, when felling on a steep slope or in an awkward position, a light bar can make a big difference.
The three of you should get a room and take care of your gap giggity lol

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Oh FFS looks like someone turned weights and measures club loose in here. All I know is if the plastic handlebar seems slippery you should clean the lube off your hands before you run the saw. You guys are ruining a great derail here.;)

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Anything more on the 400?

462 is 2 CCs more than 572 that is only 3-4 CCs more than the 400.

I have a 500. So was looking to fill the gap between my 50cc saws and the 500.

this particular 400 is sitting up the road with @Red97
I have a sneaking suspicion it will show up in a dyno thread video at some point dot dot dot

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First you use the term, then you ask what it is???

OK Huston, someone has a problem!

It is probably related to being brave on the internet.
Yeah I did tough guy
It's such a GHAY word figured you east coasters use it all the time at your mini gtg lol. Seeing how dall is closer to your side maybe he would know.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I did tough guy
It's such a GHAY word figured you east coasters use it all the time at your mini gtg lol. Seeing how dall is closer to your side maybe he would know.
Look. I spent all day yesterday in a room with a mask wearing off topic question asking overall class de-railing Valerie. And then I wake up to the new Karen thread. Sorry if I'm a little ornrey.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
:eeek:

All I know is if the plastic handlebar seems slippery you should clean the lube off your hands before you run the saw
Thanks.
Now I never want to touch another saw again.

See what you did?