Wood pile pics

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
6:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still trying to figure out this crisscross stacking. This is some green oak I cut last weekend. View attachment 16150

I think most just criss cross on each end to help some of the pushing and stack normal in the middle ?

Maybe after a few more years my stacks will be neat and straight, maybe even in a shed of some sort ?

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live west of LR at wye mountain little past Lake Maumelle. Yea no winter here at all.
You're not too far from me, We go to the Wye mountain daffodil festival every year.

olyman

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I don't know how it is for others but I live on a busy street. I get people stoping a lot to buy and or ask if I want wood ?
I just had a guy stop to ask if I want more wood ? He has three ash and one cherry down in his yard.
His nephew was supposed to get but never did so it was offered to me less than 2 miles and already cut up just back up and load it ? I'll cut to length if long or burn if short ?
I sell wheel barrow loads $15 to $20 depending on hard or soft wood ? We have a lot of repeat customers compared to 5.99 or 7.99 for junk at gas stations split like kindlin. They love it ? I may even start advertising
don't advertise..authoritys will be looking for tax money.....and permits of various flavors........

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wow, I'm inspired by some of these wood stacks. Makes me feel like I'm not hoarding enough firewood lol

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
9dc9840e23557c264d5d1eb31406a7b2.jpg

Heres my pile, just finished it.

Just kidding but looks pretty cool.